How do you hide a type of file in windows explorer?

I am not looking to select a file here or there and hide them myself. The byproduct of editing certain files in video editing software is they create extra files to the files already. Is there a way I can tell windows 7, "Hey can you hide any files with the.sfk extention from here on out?
3 answers Last reply
More about hide type file windows explorer
  1. Hiding the files may create problems with future edits. What software are you using to edit video?
    Open an elevated command prompt and navigate to your video directory type:

attrib +h *.nfo /s

Replacing .nfo with the file extension you want to hide.

This will hide the files, however if you have show hidden files turned on they will still show up.
    Source: http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/81717-hide-all-certain-file-type-folder-tree.html
  2. great answer. Thanks very much!
  3. kenrivers said:
    Hiding the files may create problems with future edits. What software are you using to edit video?
    Open an elevated command prompt and navigate to your video directory type:

attrib +h *.nfo /s

Replacing .nfo with the file extension you want to hide.

This will hide the files, however if you have show hidden files turned on they will still show up.
    Source: http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/81717-hide-all-certain-file-type-folder-tree.html

This is NOT exactly the answer to the question "hide any files with the.sfk extention from here on out".

That attrib command only hides current files, NOT any of these files that the editor problems continue to create into the future (ie every time you do a new import from camera on another day)

What we want is a way of telling Windows that ALL ".blah" files should ALWAYS be hidden, not just seeting the hidden flag on existing files, but setting it on future created files too.

So how do we do that in Windows 7?
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Explorer Video Editing Windows 7