Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer???

Have any of you tried this optical mouse???

There are a few on sale and I need to know whether it is worth getting to
use with my Dell Dim 2400 system.

Mel
9 answers Last reply
More about microsoft intellimouse explorer

    "MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
    > Have any of you tried this optical mouse???
    >
    > There are a few on sale and I need to know whether it is worth getting to
    > use with my Dell Dim 2400 system.
    >
    > Mel

    Get the *wired* version of the MS optical mouse, around $15. Connects either
    PS/2 or USB, and no batteries to fool with and like the wireless version, no
    cleaning or mousepad needed....

    Stew

    I agree a billion per cent with Stew. I had an Explorer (before I spilled
    coffee into it's guts) and rarely, if ever, used the extra buttons. I'm
    using the $15 optical and like it just fine.

    Save some money and just get the MS optical.

    > "MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
    > > Have any of you tried this optical mouse???
    > >
    > > There are a few on sale and I need to know whether it is worth getting
    > > use with my Dell Dim 2400 system.
    > >
    > > Mel
    > >

    > Get the *wired* version of the MS optical mouse, around $15. Connects
    either
    > PS/2 or USB, and no batteries to fool with and like the wireless version,
    no
    > cleaning or mousepad needed....
    >

    > Stew

    I've been using the optical IntelliMouse (USB) on my 4800 for over a year
    and never had any problems. Do a lot of on-line gaming and it works fine.
    Have a few problems when it falls off the mouse mat but these are easy to
    fix.

    joe_tide wrote:

    > I agree a billion per cent with Stew. I had an Explorer (before I spilled
    > coffee into it's guts) and rarely, if ever, used the extra buttons. I'm
    > using the $15 optical and like it just fine.
    >
    > Save some money and just get the MS optical.

    My $0.02 says spend the extra money. I use those extra buttons all the
    time. Just having them for back and forward when on the web is worth it.

    Bob

    "Bob Levine" <robjlevin.nospan@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > joe_tide wrote:
    >
    > > I agree a billion per cent with Stew. I had an Explorer (before I
    spilled
    > > coffee into it's guts) and rarely, if ever, used the extra buttons. I'm
    > > using the $15 optical and like it just fine.
    > >
    > > Save some money and just get the MS optical.
    >
    > My $0.02 says spend the extra money. I use those extra buttons all the
    > time. Just having them for back and forward when on the web is worth it.
    >
    > Bob

    I agree with Bob. I have one and the forward/back in IE is worth a few £££
    in itself.

    John

    "MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
    > Have any of you tried this optical mouse???
    >
    > There are a few on sale and I need to know whether it is worth getting to
    > use with my Dell Dim 2400 system.
    >
    > Mel

    I prefer the MS *basic* (read: wired) Optical mouse. Inexpensive, connects
    either USB or PS/2, and no batteries or spotty behavior. I just bought a
    pair of them at OfficeMax for $14 each, with a $7.00 rebate on each.

    Stew

    The organic entity known as MB communicated the following:

    > Have any of you tried this optical mouse???
    >
    > There are a few on sale and I need to know whether it is worth getting to
    > use with my Dell Dim 2400 system.

    I bought one but found it performed little better than a standard mouse.
    Luckily I was able to exchange it for a Logitech MX500.

    Hans

    I use the extra buttons for Copy Paste, they're great.

    I use a cordless Packard Bell mouse, now dying, but the Microsoft mice are
    really excellent.

    S.Lewis wrote:

    > "MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Have any of you tried this optical mouse???
    >>
    >>There are a few on sale and I need to know whether it is worth getting to
    >>use with my Dell Dim 2400 system.
    >>
    >>Mel
    >
    > I prefer the MS *basic* (read: wired) Optical mouse. Inexpensive, connects
    > either USB or PS/2, and no batteries or spotty behavior. I just bought a
    > pair of them at OfficeMax for $14 each, with a $7.00 rebate on each.

    As for me, I always hated the tail on the mouse (felt as though it was
    dragging). Happily using a Logitech MX700 mouse and have a spare MX700
    from Logitech (part of a Cordless Mx Duo Logitech sent to replace a bum
    cordless keyboard). The rechargeable mice are great - best of both worlds.

Dell Microsoft Explorer Computers