[a bit spoily] how to live without literacy?

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

I have nice-running Dark Elf archer who did Kranach quest, reached PC6
on last minute to save that damn dog. And currently he is on its way to
his second precrowning on PC5 (I love finding altars here) :). But he
has no Literacy!

How to live without it? Or how to get it? I can not read even damn
Scroll of Identify!

And by the way, people. Never stand on altar without locking all doors
in the room!!!!! Goblins sacrificed my most promising characters more
than five times :))

Bye.
Sincerely yours, Michael.

Crusader Mike wrote:
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> I have nice-running Dark Elf archer who did Kranach quest, reached
PC6
> on last minute to save that damn dog. And currently he is on its way
> his second precrowning on PC5 (I love finding altars here) :). But he
> has no Literacy!
>
> How to live without it? Or how to get it? I can not read even damn
> Scroll of Identify!

If you get to Dwarftown on D:8-11 or so Thundaar (the dwarven
elder) will give you a potion of literacy for his first quest reward.
If you have literacy he won't give it of course. It is considered an
artifact.

> And by the way, people. Never stand on altar without locking all
doors
> in the room!!!!! Goblins sacrificed my most promising characters more
> than five times :))

Only on obsidian alters. (IME)

-Joel

Joel Valleroy wrote:
> Crusader Mike wrote:
>
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>
>> And by the way, people. Never stand on altar without locking all
>> doors in the room!!!!! Goblins sacrificed my most promising
>> characters more than five times :))
>>

> Only on obsidian alters. (IME)

It's based on what the gods like and your alignment. Since the chaos
gods don't dislike chaotic sacrifices, you can be sacrificed on one
regardless of your alignment, and chaos alters are therefore the most
dangerous by far. However, you can still be sacrificed by neutral
creatures on a neutral altar (and probably lawfuls on a lawful alter) if
you are not of the correct alignment, but you should be safe on those
two as long as you are the proper alignment.

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

> There are also other ways of gaining the literacy skill: in ADOM youa
> re what you eat in certain circumstances...

Ok. what creature I need to eat?

Bye.
Sincerely yours, Michael.

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:57:32 -0800, Crusader Mike wrote:

> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
>> There are also other ways of gaining the literacy skill: in ADOM youa
>> re what you eat in certain circumstances...
>
> Ok. what creature I need to eat?

A blessed (or possibly uncursed) dark sage corpse will do it.

TRENDING THREADS