Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
1: No, the monitor must be 120hz and even then not all are officially supported by NVIDIA. Google will give you a much better explanation of how it all works than I can in one post.

2: Technically no. You need Lightboost technology in the monitor to have the full advantage of 3D Vision 2. However I think that you can use the larger V2 glasses with a V1 monitor (correct me if I'm wrong guys)

3: Looks like it does include the kit from the description.

Others here can probably elaborate.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
About the first, one, the IR emitter to understand what it is for, you need to know how the glasses work...

Resume: The screen uses 1 hz to display right frame and another 1hz to display left frame The glasses keep "blinking" each eye every 1hz by doing so, all right images will be seen just in the right eye, and the left images to the left eye. the IR emitter help the glasses to sync those blinking if the right eye starts to blink when the left eye should blink you will start to see crosstalk, that is the other eye image with low opacity on the same eye...

Anywais, the 3D Vision 2 is basically lightboost so how Tryst_58 already said, no it is not possible to use 3D Vision 2 since it is the lightboost, you can yes use V2 Glasses on screens without lighboost and vice-versa, but if your screen does not have Lightboost, technically you are not using 3D Vision 2.

yes that screen is 3D Vision 1 ready and comes with the complete bundle. the IR emitter comes with the bundle, it does not look like it is built-in.

the price is very good also.