Canon printer error 6C10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I have a Canon MG5120 all in one. It's connected to my PC via USB. Over the past months I have had more & more problems printing to it. It has gotten to the point where I can't get anything to print. The reported error has always been the same:

Title: Canon MG5100 series Printer - USB0002
A printer error has occurred.
Turn the printer off and then on again.
If this doesn't clear the error, see the user's guide for more detail.

Turning the printer off then back on doesn't work. Rebooting the PC doesn't work. I've looked for updated drivers and even installed canon's printer XPS drivers. This has become very frustrating.

I appreciate whatever ideas anyone might have. Thanks.

sharonar22

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

Hi ekoostik-

I have the same problem right now, and am wondering if you've found a fix the error code 6C10?

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Sorry for the late response. I've been dealing with this for almost a year and still have yet to find a way to fix this problem. Sometimes I get it working but then it immediately stops working again, with the exact same not helpful error code 6C10. Very frustrated with Canon, who told me to buy a new printer - this thing was maybe 15 months old when it stopped working.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
jumma,
Thanks for the response, somehow I missed it in my list until now. I’d seen elsewhere that it could be the absorbent pads and tried various fixes around that (including soaking out ink, although not replacing the pads). I know I tried certain button sequences, but it’s worth another shot. I’ll give this a try soon and report back.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
rkorsgaard,
Thanks for the video. That is extremely helpful in knowing what to take apart & clean. Unfortunately I had gotten rid of the printer some months before my last update. But I'm sure this problem will pop-up again with another printer. I'm saving a link to the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.