MSI GX630 sleep mode can't wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.

demsy11

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Hi there, i have an msi gx630 that is giving me troubles actualy.
Laptop was off for a 2-3 weeks because screen was broken, so the time the screen arrive i wasnt using it, but when i was turning laptop on it was working fine i just couldnt see things on screen, then i changed screen and replaced past on graphic card and cpu.
turn the laptop on i was thinking great job but laptop turn on , but sleeping. No matter what i do laptop is sleeping.
When i googled the problem, it seems like many people had the issue before and the answer is to open it and remove the cmos battery.
i opened the laptop but there is no cmos bat visible.
i checked corners wherever i could put my eyes no way. i can't see the cmos bat.
i went on a website forum for help but they only have gx620 desassembly but they wrote gx630 .
I hope i can find help here to remove that bat and clear my problem.

G

same issue for me - I believe the cmos battery is on the back (top) of the board. You'd have to pull it to get to it. PITA. I'm debating whether its worht trying this, or just sending it to MSI for repairs. I'll probably end up sending it in. This is my second gx630 to die on me in 2 years. What a piece of junk.

demsy11

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Yeah i have been told it's the only thing you need to do, but just finding the cmos Bat is hard, this is due to the vista 64 i heard.
so im gonna swap it to a windows 7 32 or vista 32.....
maybe simply i go xp.
i have sent the it to a technician he's struggling but i will let him know where it is, cheer. when you say back top you mean at the back of the power button? right

az1919

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012

Did you ever find the battery. I have had mine apart (very apart) and still cannot find it.

Adam

twincolts

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

twincolts

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
The CMOS Bat for the MSI gx630 is located on the back bottom of the motherboard between the memory and the bottom of the case i tried to fix the same problem by unplugging it but it didn't work. you have to split the case to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS