A while back (2 years) I posted a question as to what Damage Mod the
various slaying modifiers do. It seems that the conversation drifted
into a dicussion of b/u/c status and it was never answered. I saw it
mentioned that slaying effects simply cause a critical hit every time,
is this accurate? I am going to ask the question again to see if any
source divers out there know the answer.

secondly would arrows of undead slaying have the effect stacked with
suns messangers undead slaying ability, ie would using undead slaying
ammo with an undead slaying bow do double slaying damage?

Batman? wrote:

> Spoily question
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> A while back (2 years) I posted a question as to what Damage Mod the
> various slaying modifiers do. It seems that the conversation drifted
> into a dicussion of b/u/c status and it was never answered. I saw it
> mentioned that slaying effects simply cause a critical hit every time,
> is this accurate? I am going to ask the question again to see if any
> source divers out there know the answer.

Source diving shouldn't be encouraged -- if you haven't been around
recently, read up on the thread "Summary of conversation with Thomas".

Regarding your actual question, this is from some stuff tested quite
some time ago. The results are only really interpretable for missile
weapons (for reasons discussed elsewhere in the thread):

http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=bl6rbp%2497k%2401%241%40news.t-online.com

The pseudocode towards the end is probably the most relevant bit for
you. The short answer is that slaying missiles multiply damage by 1d4+2.

> secondly would arrows of undead slaying have the effect stacked with
> suns messangers undead slaying ability, ie would using undead slaying
> ammo with an undead slaying bow do double slaying damage?

No, I don't think there is such a thing as double slaying. Remember to
bless your arrows when fighting undead though! (Details in the post above.)

Malte