Never buy a CPU from Overclockerz.com

G

Bought an unlocked Duron 700 and recieved it locked. Email sales and I get instructions on how to do it myself. Could only get it to go past 800 Mhz. I want to exchange it for guarenteed 1 Ghz cpu so I emailed and called them for nearly a month with no reply. Phone only forwards to voicemail. Notified the BBB in Boise, Idaho about them today. These guys give reputable web sites a bad name. Anybody know where you can get guarenteed overclock cpu's that you can actually talk to?

Asus A7V v1.01, 700Mhz@1Ghz Duron, FOP32-1, 128Mb PC133, IBM 15G ATA100 HD, SB Live, 16Mb Banshee.

G

The ocz in the ocz.safeshopper.com is short for "Overclockerz". Duh! The same that screwed me.

Asus A7V v1.01, 700Mhz@1Ghz Duron, FOP32-1, 128Mb PC133, IBM 15G ATA100 HD, SB Live, 16Mb Banshee.

G

DUH! Mental Note dont ever try to help HecDTec.
I was going to post a bunch of other overclocked
retail sights but I guess you just dont want help.

A learning experiance. Be more polite to people trying
to help you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

hecDTec does have a point. Bad help is worse than no help any day of the week.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I am sorry you had a bad experience with OCZ. Did you start with basic memory settings and raise the core voltage as you began overclocking?

My experience with OCZ.SAFESHOPPER.COM was to the contrary.

I ordered a special, KT7/Duron 600/Monster II Cooler guaranteed to overclock to 1000 Mhz. The Duron that I received WAS unlocked, in fact it had never been locked.

I put everything together and it worked as promised at 1000 Mhz but when I put the case together temps reached 55 degrees C. Concerned, I contacted OCZ via email. They, replied the next business day and told me that I should have removed the thermal tape that comes with the cooler and to try silcone based, thermal grease which I did. That lowered the temps at idle but the peak temp is still high at 53. So until I can improve case cooling I am running at 950 Mhz.

I can do nothing but give high praise for OCZ.SAFESHOPPER.COM.

No, I do not work for them.

Checkout reviews of OCZ's memory and coolers at WWW.MADONION.COM, the 3D Mark 2000 homepage.

http://www.madonion.com/community/articles/overclockerzram/

http://www.madonion.com/community/articles/overclockerzcoolers/

G

phsstpok is right

original poster did not mention incresing CPU core voltage from default to max available from A7V, which is V1.85 max, therefore I assume you did not.

perhaps going through toms 3 previous article about socketA overclocking provide tips that you've forgot or missed.

I had a Duron 650, max 850, by pensil unlock

multiplier of ODD numbers doesn't work eg 5, 5.5, 7, 7.5, 9, 9.5 it must be my fault, no complain

so I use a knife and carefully cut the original bridges that locks it to 6.5 and V1.5 or V1.6 (I forgot whats the dafult V)

basically I cut everything that was not multiplier of 9.5 and V1.85

and use the pensil again and now finally it worked at 900, CPU temp 40c, Thermaltake model is Golden Orb 11000rpm (special), extra 4 inch fan in the case next to power supply & CPU sucking air out. PS fan modified to 12V instead of temperature control.

950 only POST, windows failed. had it working until 927, but didn't look nice so stuck to 900, cause when it boots show 900, looks nicer than 927.

Best regards
cx5