Getting into the mining business... how?

Something i always like doing in games is construction. Building
buildings or digging a hole...
I've made several weapon smiths with the intention to get all the
necessary items and skills, yet it takes so long they usually succumb
to probability; and thus the RNG's unforgiving nature.

So, does anyone have any hints as to how to quickly establish a
mining-type character?
As well, is there any chance of any other class aside from a
Weaponsmith becomming a miner/smithy? mainly because my fighters last
to level 15, and the others... well, they dont last that long.

necromancer_90 wrote:

> Something i always like doing in games is construction. Building
> buildings or digging a hole...
> I've made several weapon smiths with the intention to get all the
> necessary items and skills, yet it takes so long they usually succumb
> to probability; and thus the RNG's unforgiving nature.
>
> So, does anyone have any hints as to how to quickly establish a
> mining-type character?
> As well, is there any chance of any other class aside from a
> Weaponsmith becomming a miner/smithy?

Chose a race/class combo that starts with mining (take a look at the
guidebook). Metallurgy is nice as well. Smithing can be bought from the
Smith in Dwarftown, there is also a guaranteed forge there.
However the big problem is getting an anvil. IIRC there is one guaranteed
in Darkforge, however this is not a place you should go to with a
low-level charactar. Best way to get one is probably the UD or the ID (it
has a danger level of one, so you can stay on the first level untill one
appears, however the chances for this to happen are REALLY small).
Also pick axes can be hard to find. If you have one, bless it immediatly.

--
RGRA Adom Bug List
http://adombugs.100free.com

xhoch3 wrote:

> necromancer_90 wrote:
>
>>Something i always like doing in games is construction. Building
>>buildings or digging a hole...
>>I've made several weapon smiths with the intention to get all the
>>necessary items and skills, yet it takes so long they usually succumb
>>to probability; and thus the RNG's unforgiving nature.
>>
>>So, does anyone have any hints as to how to quickly establish a
>>mining-type character?
>>As well, is there any chance of any other class aside from a
>>Weaponsmith becomming a miner/smithy?
>
> Chose a race/class combo that starts with mining (take a look at the
> guidebook). Metallurgy is nice as well. Smithing can be bought from the
> Smith in Dwarftown, there is also a guaranteed forge there.
> However the big problem is getting an anvil. IIRC there is one guaranteed
> in Darkforge, however this is not a place you should go to with a
> low-level charactar. Best way to get one is probably the UD or the ID (it
> has a danger level of one, so you can stay on the first level untill one
> appears, however the chances for this to happen are REALLY small).
> Also pick axes can be hard to find. If you have one, bless it immediatly.

Just one minor addition - I will usually attempt some smithing with
ANY character if they find the dwarven pick axe hammerhead. Unlimited
ore mining with no broken pickaxes? Yes please :)

Stephen White wrote:
> xhoch3 wrote:

> Just one minor addition - I will usually attempt some smithing with
> ANY character if they find the dwarven pick axe hammerhead. Unlimited
> ore mining with no broken pickaxes? Yes please :)

What about just playing a monk?

jbc