For Gaming: 1 Monitor or 2 Monitors

For gaming would you rather have 2 medium monitors around 24" or 1 large 27" monitor?

• Double 24" Monitor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single 27" Monitor

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

kmaster224

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
2 24" monitors - either both used for gaming at the same time or 1 used for gaming while other is doing something else. i.e. Facebook, another program, ect.

or just 1 27" monitor?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
2 monitors for gaming (in the same screen) is terrible... you will have the Division in the middle of the screen that is just unacceptable.

3 monitors would be nice because the game itself is not altered you keep the game at the same resolution in the center, AND you will add the peripherical vision field, that is already interesting.

Using a monitor only for browsing facebook is out of the table that is just for lazy people.

Not many games supports 2 monitors. 3 monitors, yes, but not two.

Playing a 1st person shooter game spanning two monitors will be terrible. The targeting reticle will be split between the two screen; half on one half on the other. It would also be separated by the monitors' bezels which combined can be around 1" thick. You would think that a game like Civilization 5 would support dual monitors... Nope, 1 or 3 monitors.

I have a dual monitor setup, but I only use the 2nd monitor when I am doing a lot of multi-tasking like having multiple browers open for doing research, or if I wanna watch a movie while doing other things on my PC.