Drakeling Paladin and few questions

I've never gotten Drakelings anywhere in this game, so obviously when
I try one, it gets incredible lucky...

Bit of spoiler space....
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

..
..
..
..
..

Playing with ToGu-patched 1.1.1Winbeta4

Ok, I decided to start with Drakeling Paladin. I was able to dive down
from small cave, getting exp quite well and managed not to get killed
even by Stone Giant Lord or what the heck it was that waited in HMV.
Had to run fast, though.

After that I went to get the pick pockets from master thief, then did
Village Dungeon (just for exp) and then Puppy Cave. To my surprise
there were 2 altars in VD..and 3 in PC...and one of those were in
large caverns. I did stay neutral so far that I got trap detection
too, then killed Hotzenplotz and went back to PC. 2 precrownings after
tedious saccing of hordes of monsters and then crowning.

Anyhow, with fire immunity, crown of leadership, Dwarven pickaxe and
Justifier, I was quite satisfied. But, now the problem is ToEF.

Is it possible for Drakeling to survive ToEF with fire immunity,
blessed ring of ice, couple blessed fireproof blankets and blessed
necklace of rapid healing ?? I don't have AoLS (nor 7LB...anymore...)
so I don't want to dive deeper in CoC yet. Maybe Darkforge, ToHK and
then ToEF...ID for amulet scumming after that ??

Any ideas ??

Cheers,

M.S.

M.S. wrote:
> I've never gotten Drakelings anywhere in this game, so obviously when
> I try one, it gets incredible lucky...
>

> Bit of spoiler space....
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>

> Is it possible for Drakeling to survive ToEF with fire immunity,
> blessed ring of ice, couple blessed fireproof blankets and blessed
> necklace of rapid healing ?? I don't have AoLS (nor 7LB...anymore...)
> so I don't want to dive deeper in CoC yet. Maybe Darkforge, ToHK and
> then ToEF...ID for amulet scumming after that ??

Yes, but you will still take some damage each turn due to the heat.
Necklaces of rapid healing are not actual regeneration granting items
like rings of regeneration or preserver or whatever, they just improve
how often you heal. You will need something to use every so often to
heal the damage you are suffering - blessed spenseweed for example.

That, and being able to take the tower as fast as possible, so as many
as you can get from - magic mapping, controlled teleportation, dragon
slaying whatever, invisibility.

Stephen White wrote:
> M.S. wrote:
>
>> I've never gotten Drakelings anywhere in this game, so obviously when
>> I try one, it gets incredible lucky...
>>

>> Bit of spoiler space....
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>

>> Is it possible for Drakeling to survive ToEF with fire immunity,
>> blessed ring of ice, couple blessed fireproof blankets and blessed
>> necklace of rapid healing ?? I don't have AoLS (nor 7LB...anymore...)
>> so I don't want to dive deeper in CoC yet. Maybe Darkforge, ToHK and
>> then ToEF...ID for amulet scumming after that ??
>

> Yes, but you will still take some damage each turn due to the heat.
> Necklaces of rapid healing are not actual regeneration granting items
> like rings of regeneration or preserver or whatever, they just improve
> how often you heal. You will need something to use every so often to
> heal the damage you are suffering - blessed spenseweed for example.
>
> That, and being able to take the tower as fast as possible, so as many
> as you can get from - magic mapping, controlled teleportation, dragon
> slaying whatever, invisibility.

Remember, especially if you have controlled teleportation, that you
don't have to go through the ToEF in one go.

Map out the tower until you start suffering from your high speed, then
leave quickly. After leaving, rest in the wilderness, preferably after
entering a wilderness square with ">" to avoid spending too much time.
Rest until your speed is back to normal, not just until you stop losing
HP. Then start your next exploration attempt.

Malte

Malte Helmert wrote:
> Stephen White wrote:
>
>> M.S. wrote:
>>
>>> I've never gotten Drakelings anywhere in this game, so obviously when
>>> I try one, it gets incredible lucky...
>>>

>>> Bit of spoiler space....
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>

>>> Is it possible for Drakeling to survive ToEF with fire immunity,
>>> blessed ring of ice, couple blessed fireproof blankets and blessed
>>> necklace of rapid healing ?? I don't have AoLS (nor 7LB...anymore...)
>>> so I don't want to dive deeper in CoC yet. Maybe Darkforge, ToHK and
>>> then ToEF...ID for amulet scumming after that ??
>>

>> Yes, but you will still take some damage each turn due to the heat.
>> Necklaces of rapid healing are not actual regeneration granting items
>> like rings of regeneration or preserver or whatever, they just improve
>> how often you heal. You will need something to use every so often to
>> heal the damage you are suffering - blessed spenseweed for example.
>>
>> That, and being able to take the tower as fast as possible, so as many
>> as you can get from - magic mapping, controlled teleportation, dragon
>> slaying whatever, invisibility.
>

> Remember, especially if you have controlled teleportation, that you
> don't have to go through the ToEF in one go.
>
> Map out the tower until you start suffering from your high speed, then
> leave quickly. After leaving, rest in the wilderness, preferably after
> entering a wilderness square with ">" to avoid spending too much time.
> Rest until your speed is back to normal, not just until you stop losing
> HP. Then start your next exploration attempt.

Once upon a time, I covered this pretty thoroughly, so in addition to
these tips you'll find plenty more here:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=3b6dnbN16fB8BBfcRVn-rg%40rogers.com&output=gplain

--
Curry Bucket's Controversial Web Presence:
The Birthplace of Teenage Angst

Heh, now I started another game too...High Elven Priest. That one also
had an altar in cavernous level in puppy cave !! I think that is
rare...at least in my games :)
Purifier, Preserver and Staff of the Wanderer..and Fire immunity too
!! And so far only one cat has been killed...so this one actually may
have a chance to rival my best that was Grey Elven Barbarian who was
promptly killed by Cat Lord.
In addition is that a jackal dropped white dragon scale mail in
Pyramid...never seen thatarmour before and I've been playing since
0.90somethinggamma something :)

Cheers,

M.S.

M.S. wrote:
> I've never gotten Drakelings anywhere in this game, so obviously when
> I try one, it gets incredible lucky...
>

> Bit of spoiler space....
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>

> Playing with ToGu-patched 1.1.1Winbeta4
>
> Ok, I decided to start with Drakeling Paladin. I was able to dive
down
> from small cave, getting exp quite well and managed not to get killed
> even by Stone Giant Lord or what the heck it was that waited in HMV.
> Had to run fast, though.
>
> After that I went to get the pick pockets from master thief, then did
> Village Dungeon (just for exp) and then Puppy Cave. To my surprise
> there were 2 altars in VD..and 3 in PC...and one of those were in
> large caverns. I did stay neutral so far that I got trap detection
> too, then killed Hotzenplotz and went back to PC. 2 precrownings
after
> tedious saccing of hordes of monsters and then crowning.
>
> Anyhow, with fire immunity, crown of leadership, Dwarven pickaxe and
> Justifier, I was quite satisfied. But, now the problem is ToEF.
>
> Is it possible for Drakeling to survive ToEF with fire immunity,
> blessed ring of ice, couple blessed fireproof blankets and blessed
> necklace of rapid healing ?? I don't have AoLS (nor 7LB...anymore...)
> so I don't want to dive deeper in CoC yet. Maybe Darkforge, ToHK and
> then ToEF...ID for amulet scumming after that ??
>
> Any ideas ??
>
> Cheers,
>
> M.S.

The speed is a huge advantage when fighting in that tower. It's not a
problem at all if you have enough spenseweeds. It's a great reason to
play drakeling, since most characters who beat the ToEF will go on to
win. Your fire immunity will protect you from the fire damage, and the
metabolism damage isn't bad at all, just annoying.

TRENDING THREADS