My son needs a PDA with wireless capability so he can connect with the
hotspots available at his grad school. We have access to an Axim X5
and I am confused about which accessory to get.
DELL - TrueMobile 1180 Wireless LAN CompactFlash Card for Dell Axim X5
Handheld
or
SOCKET COMMUNICATIONS - Low Power CF Wireless LAN Card

I Googled and looked at the Dell Forums, but got more confused. Would
either of the above satisfy his needs? As I understand it, these
hotspots allow files to be downloaded into the PDA. This is his final
year of veterinary clinics at a different college, so he doesn't have
any info (he's out of the US right now). My inclination is to just
take the X5 and wait until he gets there, unless this is a no-brainer
and I'm making it harder than it needs to be.

Thanks for any help.
Anne

computer user wrote:
> My son needs a PDA with wireless capability so he can connect with the
> hotspots available at his grad school. We have access to an Axim X5
> and I am confused about which accessory to get.
> DELL - TrueMobile 1180 Wireless LAN CompactFlash Card for Dell Axim X5
> Handheld
> or
> SOCKET COMMUNICATIONS - Low Power CF Wireless LAN Card

The Truemobile 1180 card works fine with the X5 in my experience.

HTH,

Pete.

"Peter Connolly" <newsgroupsdemon@removethisbitacutecomputing.co.uk>
wrote in message news:ceou4p$nb5$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk...
| computer user wrote:
| > My son needs a PDA with wireless capability so he can connect with
the
| > hotspots available at his grad school. We have access to an Axim
X5
| > and I am confused about which accessory to get.
| > DELL - TrueMobile 1180 Wireless LAN CompactFlash Card for Dell
Axim X5
| > Handheld
| > or
| > SOCKET COMMUNICATIONS - Low Power CF Wireless LAN Card
| >

| The Truemobile 1180 card works fine with the X5 in my experience.
|
| HTH,
|
| Pete.

Thanks. I also found http://www.aximsite.com/ and their forums are
pretty good.