Microsoft shipping Vista add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodBytes

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008
Tinker, the game also has a downloadable map editor witch is nice, when you want a different puzzle type game to play on a machine with limited power. Or when you don't feel like playing a big game. But as a Vista Extra... it's disappointing, and sounds and games doesn't really fill the description of Extras. The game should be an added bonus/value attach with other actual extras worth of the money paid.

Also, Dreamscape is NOT a video-based screen saver, it's a video-based wallpaper.

GoodBytes

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008
Agreed. Vista Ultimate should not be purchased for the Extras. Well at least I got my Vista Ultimate for extra cheap. And I do use Home Premium and Business edition features. And to say the truth I was expecting this, when Vista was out. In result I am not disappointed by Vista itself. It's a fine OS.

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I don't know what they were expecting? The next version of Office to be released free as an 'extra'? Micro$oft isn't going to release anything of any real value for these extra's. That just isn't the way Micro$oft works.

Anybody that bought this probably got exactly what they paid for. The paid for an OS with some extras. They got an OS with some extras. If their expectation of the extras was higher than what they were promised, they have no legitimate reason to complain.

lemonhedo

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
This is BS. I downloaded the game, and it seemed like a random attempt to burn 5 second of my time when bored. The sound scheme? I dont' even have sound enabled. Best of all, dreamscene. Yah I really don't understand why I got ultimate in the first place now. These ultimate extras are stupid, unnecessary, and they now seem like dire attempts to appease ultimate users. THINK MICROSOFT!!! GIVE US SOMETHING WORTH WHILE THAT TRULY MAKES ULTIMATE, well.. Ultimate!!

Like free windows 7 home premium for normal family user between age of 15 to 20. Since you probably will have 50 different version for 7 looking at how the trend is.

lemonhedo

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
on the side note, I still love the windows operating system. Much better than the macs which confines people into their tiny world of single choice.

G

I love Ultimate, for it's Dreamscene, multilanguage support. Do not forget that home versions do not have fax (for example), and bussines do not have media and leisure support. All of this you can find in ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.