game crashing.

now and then my game crashes with an error indicating i have more than one
stack of same items. this usually happen wheni read one blessed uncirsing
scroll, and one blessed IDscroll. is there any way to edit savefile out of
game, soi can rectify this? its pretty much infuriating to get a nice game
ruined because of this... in two days i have lost 3-4 chars from this. im
using adomsage frontend, playing adom latest adom from adom.de...
my os is win2k fully updated...

tor gåsvær wrote:
> now and then my game crashes with an error indicating i have more than one
> stack of same items. this usually happen wheni read one blessed uncirsing
> scroll, and one blessed IDscroll. is there any way to edit savefile out of
> game, soi can rectify this?

None that I know of; the saved games are deleted once you start playing.
If the problem is being this consistent, you might want to start
keeping backups of your .svg (savegame) files. It's generally not
considered scumming if you do it to recover from a crash.

Love and coffee,
Frances