Laptop For A Computer Science Major

I need a not so expensive, reliable laptop for a college student who's mayor is going to be computer science. Which one is the best?
Thanks
Concern Mother
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop computer science major
  1. The title of this topic has been edited by Buwish
  2. Fill out the FAQ thread at the top of the forum and we can find something for you.
  3. Quote:
    I need a not so expensive, reliable laptop for a college student who's mayor is going to be computer science. Which one is the best?
    Thanks
    Concern Mother

Hi there,

Do you know if you will be doing advanced programming? I recommend you check out what kind of classes he is taking and what they require. A great all-around laptop is the Sony Vaio EB series. It has a fast processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. You can also upgrade to dedicated graphics if his classes would require it. It is also a very affordable choice.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
  4. If you dont need dedicated graphics buy Dell inspiron 15R, it will cost you around 699$ in USA www.dell.com, it has Corei5 460M 2.53ghz processor(turbo boost upto 2.8ghz)
    4gb ddr3 ram and option of upgrading graphics card afterwards if you want for another 100$.

Check this out http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=fndor33b&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&model_id=inspiron-15r-combo-mod
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Computer College