stuck in dwarf town

I am a lvl13 gnome wizard that is trap in the drawftown. Right above
drawf town is full of fire creatures, and i only have fire magic.
Should i keep going down stair and hope to find a ice bolt book?
BTW is holy water the only way to bless an item?
2 answers Last reply
More about stuck dwarf town
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    yomama wrote:
    > I am a lvl13 gnome wizard that is trap in the drawftown. Right above
    > drawf town is full of fire creatures, and i only have fire magic.
    > Should i keep going down stair and hope to find a ice bolt book?

    It depends on what you actually mean by "full of fire creatures". If
    we're talking about a single room, then you can leave it alone until
    later. Lock it off with doors if you can. On the other hand, if you've
    got red worms breeding out of control, then you should probably hang
    around below Dwarftown and seek out an appropriate book or wand (it
    doesn't necessarily have to be ice; acid, lightning, or good ol' magic
    missiles will do as well). You might find a vault or two down there that
    may yield the answer. However, you have to be careful. As a gnome, you
    will gain levels very quickly, and at that stage in the game it might
    not be such a good thing. Also, when you get to the level with two
    staircases down, don't take either one; if you do, you'll likely make
    certain quests much harder.

    If it's fire beetles/lizards, you should be able to clear them in melee
    or with missiles. If it's fire drakes or baby red dragons, then it's
    more dangerous but not necessarily a kamikaze mission. While fighting
    them, fight on Defensive, Very Defensive or even Coward tactics.
    Ideally, you should be wielding a one-handed weapon (preferably a spear)
    with a decent shield. DV is very important in avoiding their fiery
    breath. Also, know your limits. If you start taking too much damage, run
    back to Dwarftown and heal up.

    > BTW is holy water the only way to bless an item?

    Staying within the game's intended mechanics, it pretty much is.

    --
    Curry Bucket's Controversial Web Presence:
    The Birthplace of Teenage Angst

    Josh Singh <jGoOsh.AsWiAnYgh@gmail.comikaze> wrote:
    > yomama wrote:
    > > I am a lvl13 gnome wizard that is trap in the drawftown. Right above
    > > drawf town is full of fire creatures, and i only have fire magic.

    > If it's fire beetles/lizards, you should be able to clear them in melee
    > or with missiles. If it's fire drakes or baby red dragons, then it's
    > more dangerous but not necessarily a kamikaze mission. While fighting
    > them, fight on Defensive, Very Defensive or even Coward tactics.
    > Ideally, you should be wielding a one-handed weapon (preferably a spear)
    > with a decent shield. DV is very important in avoiding their fiery
    > breath. Also, know your limits. If you start taking too much damage, run
    > back to Dwarftown and heal up.
    No no no no no.
    fire beetles, let alone fire lizards are a bane of a wizard with
    only fire magic. They are plain impossible to defeat.
    When you are on coward, you are unable to harm them.
    When you are not, thy are simply better in melee and
    fire lizard will additionally scorch you to death.

    Level 13th gnomish wizard. No melee for this one for quite some time.

    The
    rest
    of
    this
    post
    is
    spoily

    1. Identify your stuff. Mabybe you are a lucky owner of wand of cold,
    or any other element but fire. Talk to Thrundrar, if his first quest
    turns out easy, you will learn everything about your stuff.
    2. Go below dwarftown, try to level up. At level 15th you should be
    able to take out fire beetles, imps and quasits in melee.
    But don't go below level with two staircases heading down. First,
    you will screw one quest from Thrundrar, and second you are not
    yet ready to deal with monsters down there. You will die.
    3. Try to use missiles. Two lucky shots with thrown rocks on bereserk,
    and one lucky blow and that damned fire beetle will be gone.
    Do not try that with anything else though. And if you have slings
    or bows - use them.
    4. Maybe it is possible to snake your way up between those fire
    creatures? Potion of invisibility, darkness, Stun Ray, wand of
    stunning, Slow Monster and if all else fails, Ventriloquism could
    be used for that purpose.

    brojek.

Games Video Games