Mik

Where is the highest chance of getting Spellbook of Wish? (or what is the
danger level of it?)
I was thinking of creating one with 'create item' spell, or maybe with
picking pockets, but I don't know what cave level would be best for that
Is there any spoiler with a list of all items and the danger level of a
location where it can be generated?

Mik wrote:

> Where is the highest chance of getting Spellbook of Wish? (or what is
the
> danger level of it?)

There is 100% guaranteed place where SoW can be found ... look for
library

Create item spell is too expensive and scumming is imho NOT the way

Helmut Hohberger wrote:
> Stephen White wrote:
> > Petr Prokop wrote:

> >> There is 100% guaranteed place where SoW can be found ... look for
> >> library
> >>
> >> Create item spell is too expensive and scumming is imho NOT the
> >> way
> >

> > IIRC, only Wizards are guaranteed to find every spellbook
> > (including Wish)generated in the library.
>
> Does any character other than a wizard even have the slightest chance
> to actually learn the spell from the book?

I have successfully learned Wish with a druid. I didn't know what it
was because of the religiously cryptic name, casted it the very next
turn and died...

Stephen White wrote:
> Petr Prokop wrote:
>
>> Mik wrote:

>>> a
>>> y
>>> b

>>> p
>>> o
>>> i
>>> l

Helmut Hohberger wrote:
> Stephen White wrote:
> > Petr Prokop wrote:

> >> There is 100% guaranteed place where SoW can be found ... look for
> >> library
> >>
> >> Create item spell is too expensive and scumming is imho NOT the
way

> > IIRC, only Wizards are guaranteed to find every spellbook
(including Wish)
> > generated in the library.
>
> Does any character other than a wizard even have the slightest chance
> actually learn the spell from the book?

ToGu once won with a troll barbarian archmage, so the answer is "yes."

http://tinyurl.com/8fxgp

Erik

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:05:32 -0700, Erik Piper wrote:

> Helmut Hohberger wrote:
>> Stephen White wrote:

> what is

> way
>> >

>> > IIRC, only Wizards are guaranteed to find every spellbook
> (including Wish)
>> > generated in the library.
>>
>> Does any character other than a wizard even have the slightest chance
>> actually learn the spell from the book?
>
> ToGu once won with a troll barbarian archmage, so the answer is "yes."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/8fxgp

ToGu's example doesn't prove this.
ToGu notes, in the link you provide, that he got the spell from
(many) potions of wonder then book casted wish. So he (presumably) never
successfully learned the spell from the book.

TRENDING THREADS