Motherboard making a mess of battery meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanhboyle

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
GatewayLT2104u. Battery charges to a max charge of 7%. Once unplugged it gives low battery warning almost immediately. After about 10 minutes it goes painfully slow. After about 20 minutes it goes into critical battery hibernation. Power turns off. Then it restarts fine and works for hours at 0%. Tried recalibrating, no luck. Upgraded BIOs, no luck. I usually try to find the answers in the multitude of information out there on my own... But, I have no clue what to do here

Solution
Sounds like the battery is in its final stages of life and that the notebook's power/battery management capability is having a hard time sensing the battery's actual state. Do you have access to another compatible battery to verify if the problem is the battery or the notebook?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like the battery is in its final stages of life and that the notebook's power/battery management capability is having a hard time sensing the battery's actual state. Do you have access to another compatible battery to verify if the problem is the battery or the notebook?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.