Windows Explorer Stops Responding?

Ive been having computer issues lately (maybe a virus) so I reinstalled the OS and put Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on as my AV (Norton last time). But the problem is that my Windows Explorer stops responding. For example: I go into my pictures and that loads fine but when I go to open a photo it loads and for a minute and finally comes up. That never used to happen before I reinstalled my OS. Im positive I did it right. Though when I try to close the window it says the Explorer has stopped responding.

Please help and thank you :)
If there is any other info you need please let me know
9 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer stops responding
  1. Have you installed all updates?
  2. yes i have. even the optional updates
  3. Did you load all the drivers for your motherboard and video card? Best if you give us your system specs.
  4. my system is my motto here on the site M5A78L-M LX, AMD 960t, ATI 1GB 6790, 4GB G2 Patriot 1333 RAM, SeaGate 500GB 7200RPM, 650w Earthwatts PSU. yes I loaded my drivers. Chipset Lan Audio and GPU drivers. last time I checked my BIOS version was up to date
  5. for more secure, first it all download www.malwarebytes.org , later update and run
  6. have it already :P
  7. that says I will never be able to do a system restore again? Or am I misunderstanding?
  8. No, it just means it will probably delete existing system restore points. Once you get things working right you can create a restore point and use it any time later.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows Explorer Internet Security Windows 7