I have recently posted about my monk who was killed by the moloch speed
wrap-around bug. I have a backup (taken in the event of a system crash)
would it be considered cheating to restore?

The logic would be that a greater moloch moving 6 spaces and getting 10
hits in one turn while I am not burdened with a base speed of 130, is a
bug, and a documented one as well, and therefore my game was ended
unfairly.

I am leaning towards not doing so, bug or not, whenever I have done so
I never feel right about the charecters after I restore.

Batman? wrote:
[snip]
> The logic would be that a greater moloch moving 6 spaces and getting 10
> hits in one turn while I am not burdened with a base speed of 130, is a
> bug, and a documented one as well, and therefore my game was ended
> unfairly.
>
> I am leaning towards not doing so, bug or not, whenever I have done so
> I never feel right about the charecters after I restore.

I'd say it would be fair enough to restore a game that you lost due to a
bug. Then again, one might argue that since the bug is documented, it
is a known feature of the game, and therefore it was entirely fair that
it got you. You had warning.

Really what it comes down to though is how you will feel about it. Who
cares what the rest of us think? You needn't be bound by the rgra
societal mores so long as you have evaluated your own feelings. If you
wouldn't feel right about doing it, then don't do it.

Personally, I would continue with the game (you've spent so much time on
it already). But if you post YAV, attach a note that says you restored
it after you were bit by a bug.

-Ryan

Batman? wrote:
> I have recently posted about my monk who was killed by the moloch
speed
> wrap-around bug. I have a backup (taken in the event of a system
crash)
> would it be considered cheating to restore?
>
> The logic would be that a greater moloch moving 6 spaces and getting
10
> hits in one turn while I am not burdened with a base speed of 130, is
> bug, and a documented one as well, and therefore my game was ended
> unfairly.
>
> I am leaning towards not doing so, bug or not, whenever I have done
so
> I never feel right about the charecters after I restore.

I feel it's entirely legitimate to restore in the event of a crash or
bug. It wouldn't call it savescumming at all. Don't feel bad.

Batman? wrote:
> I have recently posted about my monk who was killed by the moloch speed
> wrap-around bug. I have a backup (taken in the event of a system crash)
> would it be considered cheating to restore?

I'd say yes, the same way it would be cheating to restore if you got
killed by an uber-jackal.

However, as I've repeatedly said, how you play your games of ADOM will
not affect my enjoyment of ADOM one bit (not that I'm doing as much
playing as I'd like to these days... It was so much nicer being
employed, I got to slack a little).

Love and coffee,
Frances

> Frances Kathleen Moffatt wrote:
>Downsized, though I admit I did take advantage of the time to grab an
>art class or two.

Been there, I lucked out and found a job right away though, so I was
collecting two paychecks and a severance package for like 3 months
$bling$

>There's something faintly reassuring
>about knowing that, no matter how good the weapon or what prefix and
>suffix it has, you don't need to care.

I agree, when life deals me lemons, I fire up a troll beastfighter and
lay waste to terinyo, it is so much fun answering Y to "do you really
want to attack the small child"
Also GTA3:Vice City is another great Misanthropic stress reliever. Fun,
unbeliavably socialy irresponsible, but fun.

Lochok wrote:
>I persionally prefer Nightmare Quake + God Mode + All Weapons Cheat

Skipping to the low grav special level is a plus as well, for the
flying bodyparts effect.

We are definitly off topic now though