Penality of casting with mindcrafter

Last response: in Video Games
May 2, 2005 4:46:10 PM

What is the penality of casting magic spell with mindcrafter? I
currently have a lvl13 dark elf mindcrafter with a willpower of 25,
mana of 14 and learning of 19. Can I cast magic now without much
penality? How do I avoid mindcrafter casting penalities?
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 6:56:06 PM

qwer wrote:
> What is the penality of casting magic spell with mindcrafter? I
> currently have a lvl13 dark elf mindcrafter with a willpower of 25,
> mana of 14 and learning of 19. Can I cast magic now without much
> penality? How do I avoid mindcrafter casting penalities?

There are no penalties to casting spells, but it is extremely difficult
for a Mindcrafter to learn spells from a book. With your stats, you
probably won't be able to learn even simple spells like Light from a book.

The easiest way of casting spells with a mindcrafter is to learn them
via wands or potions of wonder, then cast them from the book. This has
the usual disadvantages associated with book-casting (see the manual),
but is still very workable for utility spells like Teleport or Strength
of Atlas.

Malte
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 8:20:11 PM

>There are no penalties to casting spells, but it is extremely difficult
>for a Mindcrafter to learn spells from a book. With your stats, you
>probably won't be able to learn even simple spells like Light from a book.
>
>The easiest way of casting spells with a mindcrafter is to learn them
>via wands or potions of wonder, then cast them from the book. This has
>the usual disadvantages associated with book-casting (see the manual),
>but is still very workable for utility spells like Teleport or Strength
>of Atlas.
>
>Malte

So how do I learn spells? What stats do i need to get to learn
improve-fireball? (I found it in COC) I need a fire spell before I get
into the prymaid.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 3:18:21 AM

qwer wrote:
>>There are no penalties to casting spells, but it is extremely difficult
>>for a Mindcrafter to learn spells from a book. With your stats, you
>>probably won't be able to learn even simple spells like Light from a book.
>>
>>The easiest way of casting spells with a mindcrafter is to learn them
>>via wands or potions of wonder, then cast them from the book. This has
>>the usual disadvantages associated with book-casting (see the manual),
>>but is still very workable for utility spells like Teleport or Strength
>>of Atlas.
>
> So how do I learn spells? What stats do i need to get to learn
> improve-fireball? (I found it in COC) I need a fire spell before I get
> into the prymaid.

You probably won't be able to learn Improved Fireball ever with your
Mindcrafter PC. Even learning a simple spell like Light is difficult for
a Level 50 Mindcrafter with 99 for all stats. Mindcrafters should mostly
rely on melee and missile combat for the pyramid; if you want, you can
use a wand of fireballs for the main enemy, but generally I find that
arrows are good enough for the job.

Malte
!