I have an HP ZV6000, that I am reapairing for someone.
The initial problems are the screen is very dim. and the battery does not charge.
Things ive done:
1. Changed battery still did not charge
2. replaced charger still did not charge
3. Replaced the motherbaord, finally does charge.
4. Ive replaced the inverter still get dim video on screen.
5. Ive also tried a OEM LCD Panel and still get dim video on screen, (note that it does not power red so i know its not my screens ccfl failing)
** Since Ive tried all of this what is left??
-Well the only thing left is the LCD cable, does anyone else have anyother suggestions???
More about :dim video screen
November 17, 2010 6:02:17 PM
Some laptops dim the screen when running on battery power and the battery is getting low. I'd hook up an external monitor and see whether instead it's likely to be the laptop screen or the video circuitry.
November 18, 2010 3:02:01 AM
Forgot to mention, It works fine while on external monitor, and screen issues are during battery and AC use.