What do you usually get from lesser vaults? I have clear 2 lesser
vault so far and i got almost nothing from the vault. The monster only
dropped some potion of water! How do I prevent the monster from
picking up my stuff in the vault?

qwer (thy413@gmail.com) writes:

> What do you usually get from lesser vaults? I have clear 2 lesser
> vault so far and i got almost nothing from the vault. The monster only
> dropped some potion of water! How do I prevent the monster from
> picking up my stuff in the vault?

Lesser vaults are not generally extraordinary as far as item generation
goes. You can expect to find a lot of potions of water and large rations.
Because lots of items are generated in vaults, however, your chances of
finding something better are increased. You're probably just having a bad
luck (or, more properly, bad roll) streak. Those happen, and I wouldn't
worry too much. If you really want better stuff though, try the Treasure
Hunter talent. Do note, however, that doing so will increase generation of
not just better items, but of all items, so you'll have to wade through a
lot more junk. Treasure Hunter doesn't supplement bad rolls; if you were
really unlucky, you might just end up with even more water and rations.

As for preventing monsters from picking up items, you have to pick them up
first. ;) There's no trick here; if you don't pick them up, the monsters
will. That's something you just have to tolerate, if it really does annoy
you. Granted, it can be annoying sometimes (altars), but I find that it's a
handy way to get vault items or fired missiles into one big pile, which
means less time wandering around examining a bunch of small piles. Of
course, YMMV; sometimes it's easier for a player to go through small piles
than big ones.

--
Curry Bucket's Controversial Web Presence:
The Pandora's Box of the Internet