for more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/ startup
and
press f2
system diagnostics
f1 system information <run complet>
f2 staert-up test <run complet>
f3 run -in test <run complet>
f4 hard disk test <hadr disk not exist >

Please help me to solve this problem and your valuable advise.
Thank you.
Regard
Lil'sayy

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
I'm afraid it sounds very much like your hard drive has failed.

Besides checking all the physical connections (sata and power connections) there is not much can be done. The system can't even recognise that your hard drive is there. Do you have any important data on there and is it backed up?

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
So when you hit F2 and then hit F4 what does it say?

Typically on an HP if you have a bad drive it will tell you within the first minute or 2 of running. But let it run completely.

If it passes that, then you have probably corrupted or wiped out your drive and it is not able to boot. Reinstall the OS that came with the machine.

guida

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Hi,

I have the same problem, but the message after F4 is "Hard Disk Not Exist".
Can I do something? is possible to use a minicard flash, or pendrive like a hd? Sorry about my English, I'm a brazilian girl.
Thank you for all.

buxido

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I think that the partition information may have been corrupted and doesn't a disk need to be partitioned before windows will install?

The only suggestion that I can make is to run a partitioning utility from the DISK drive and if the utility can find it I would A) decide if I want to rescue data and if so I would have to do that before I reinstall windows and B) create a new, single partition on the drive and attempt to reinstall Windows.

Hopefully, you will have a disk that will walk you through that process.

And if the partitioning utility does not find the drive, then I'm afraid you might have to resign yourself to the fact that the drive is Kaputt.

Jvining

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

Jvining

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

Sol_Hemal

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Hey Man, Its not a big issue. It is because of your new laptop doesn't support legacy support of other operating systems.
Dont worry

GOTO BIOS(GENERALLY BY PRESSING F10)>SYSTEM CONFIGURATION>LEGACY SUPPORT>"ENABLE" IT

THEN PRESS F10 TO SAVE AND EXIT.. NOW YOU CAN SEE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM WILL WORK LIKE A CHARM
(INCASE OF ANY HARDWARE DAMAGE IT WILL NOT BE WORKED)

RAGARDS

THANK YOU

(HEMAL PANDYA)

Pradeepraj

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
hello lilsayy,
This problem is familiar with many HP notebook users, up to my knowledge you please don't afraid about your hard disk. The problem is not related to it. This error occurs approximately one year after you bought the notebook. When you press F10 button it displays BIOS window, then you press F10 again, a pop up appears displaying "Exit saving changes YES or NO". When you press YES then the system will restart automatically. If it again shows the error message no surprise at all, kindly repeat the above procedure for 4 to 5 times, accidentally and luckily your system will boot properly.

Pradeepraj

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
hello lilsayy,
This problem is familiar with many HP notebook users, up to my knowledge you please don't afraid about your hard disk. The problem is not related to it. This error occurs approximately one year after you bought the notebook. When you press F10 button it displays BIOS window, then you press F10 again, a pop up appears displaying "Exit saving changes YES or NO". When you press YES then the system will restart automatically. If it again shows the error message no surprise at all, kindly repeat the above procedure for 4 to 5 times, accidentally and luckily your system will boot properly.

Manoj Singh Rajput

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014

carlitha

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014

Roy Williams

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014

gregsamia12

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

gregsamia12

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

suprdave

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014

Adam-A

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Hey there, I just fixed this issue with my laptop (hp envy m6) it is about a year and 3 months old.

I fixed it by simply removing the hard drive, pushing the connection in, and replacing it.

I tried all other means of fixing this other than a system recovery and messing about with partitions, whatever they may be.

Just a note, be careful not to move the hard drive too much away from it's original position as the wire connecting it could come lose and give you the fright of your life. It's shorter than it looks

Good luck with your own issues! Hope this helps.

Eric Manfredy

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
This issue occurs through a fault bios update. When updating your bios make sure there are no external drives connected to the laptop or pc (SD cards, USB drivers, etc.). Remove all external drives and reflash the bios

avinhood

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
HI,
I too have a 2month old HP Envy m6 which received a BIOS update yday and then stopped working .
It gave a \BCD error at first with error code 0xc0000034.
I tried recovery through recovery manager but my last DVD was corrupt , so couldnt.
Now it says Boot device not found and Harddisk 3f0.
However , when i run hardisk test, it shows PASSED.
Plz help bro..