Slow Internet Explorer

my wireless is slow with IE6 but Netscape is fine, any
ideas if this is due to compatibility now that service p
2 is installed??
2 answers Last reply
More about slow internet explorer

    Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
    so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
    "public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
    "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
    about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
    "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
    that we talk about.

    Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
    Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
    a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
    newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

    calpye wrote:

    > my wireless is slow with IE6 but Netscape is fine, any
    > ideas if this is due to compatibility now that service p
    > 2 is installed??

    assistance.

    time.

    Try running Disk Clean-Up (Start--Programs--Accessories--System Tools).

    That would handle temporary internet file maintenance, which should be the
    difference bewtwen the 2. You really shouldn't see a noticeable difference
    with the two.

    Another setting to look at, in IE--Tools-Options--Connections--see what, if
    anything is checked under the Dialing a connection, and under LAN settings,
    I assume everything is blank with your setup.

    Steve

    "calpye" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my wireless is slow with IE6 but Netscape is fine, any
    > ideas if this is due to compatibility now that service p
    > 2 is installed??

Routers Hardware Internet Explorer Microsoft Networking