UVnet

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2002
I own a 2.8Ghz Pentium 4 CPU, a P4S8X ASUS mainboard and a Radeon 9700 Pro Video Card.
My question is:
Which operating system is better for me???
My main use of my comp is for gaming and I personally like the interface of win 2000 more than that of WinXP.
Will games truely run faster on winXP ???

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Use WXP, and turn off all the ugly stuff. Then XP will look (almost) exactly like W2K.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
Yeap, you can always turn off the winXp theme. By the way, winXp is more stable than win2K and it's better support for games...

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Did someone say XP was more stable then Win2k, since when did MS start making a stable OS, hehe, at least one you'll hammer daily. Sorry couldn't resist. I use a triple boot 98, 2k, and XP. I like XPs eye candy over 2k, but also it has more tweaks and run games better then 2k, but I mainly just use XP to beat into the ground. Although XP will play most of my games well, when it comes to UT Win98 is my choice of OSs. So I vote for a dually.

Hey Baby, want to play with my computer?

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
I'm also using a dual boot 98SE and LINUX. I've got XP PRO (corp) but it doesn't recognize my ISDN so I'm still stuck with 98.

I'm working on LINUX though 'cause I want to break away from Windows. Another reason I still have 98 is the fact that LINUX doesn't have a CLIENT for Counter-Strike and I still play it. :tongue:

<font color=blue> You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it!</font color=blue>

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
In fact stability could change from system to syetem. My XP in both my P3 and P4 run real stable. Never hang since I installed it last year. I run lots of games, apps, virtual devices, and with overclocked processors, overclocked video cards but yet still stable. Sometimes it depends on the one who is managing it as well...