Tom's hardware recommended list

G

I think it would be great if Tom's Hardware had recommended hardware lists. Ex: It would list the best hardware to buy if your budget is $2,000. it could have low-, middle- and high-end system recommendations. Some hardware publications have this, maybe you could update it once a month or so.
What do you guys think?

-Pedro229

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
that's be great, but I'd prefer if it were done by component: i.e. here's the BEST mobo, here's best value/performance mobo, and here's the cheapest reasonable mobo.

There's no way to predict how somebody will spend $2000 -- some will prefer better Graphics boards, some more Hard drive, some a cool-looking designer case:)

So doing it component by component allows everybody to purchase exactly what they want...

G

It is a good idea but I don't think it would be worth teh hastle for tom , he would never be able to please enough people and it would cause him agro , which is a shame.

one of the first UK T-Bird users....

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah you're probably right... besides, the review would take so much time that by the time they're done they'd have to start working on round two because so many things have poped up in the meantime... it might take their energy and time completely away from other articles...

still, its nice to dream:)

G

Well.. try to buy all components from one reliable source. Otherwise, you are going to spend more money from your pockets for shipping and handling stuff.

May be Jinco computers will do it.

Check it out!

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
He's gives us the tools to do this.

Or does he? What I'd really like is compatabilty and stability data. Look at all the Asus questions around. I believe that is the best reviewed board around. But does it work well?

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>

yoda271828

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com</A> does something similar. They have <i>Buyer's Guides</i>, where they tell you their opinions about the ultimate high end system, best budget system, best SOHO system, greatest gaming system, etc... AnandTech is a very good hardware site. Every morning it is my second stop (after THG, of course).

G

I have noticed like yourself alot of A7V questions, and sad to say lot of time you can also notice the user have not been reading the manual hence asking

1) why does the HDD not appear or detect when they use ATA100
2) why Win2k can't install when using ATA100
3) forgeting to install latest VIA 4in1 or never at all
4) BIOS set non-optimised/incorrectly interms of FSB, Vcore, HDD, etc

Although I have seen a few geniuen question which I have not a single clue to the answers.

Bottom line is all computers are great now a days, if you give them what they want like a woman. :)

Never mind if its CPU/mobo/graphcis, like I say, satisfy their needs and in return they will satisfy you :)

Best regards
cx5