YAGBU Snake from beyond

Spoiler space

2.16.1 The Snake from Beyond

The Snake from Beyond has been beefed up in recent gammas and is now a
formidable opponent. It generally does not kill a PC that has made it
this far, but has nasty poisonous and corrupting attacks that rarely
miss. If possible, it should be killed from a distance, easier said than
done in the close quarters of the Water Temple. Unfortunately, it is not
vulnerable to any type of slaying ammo.

my last two kills of the snake took 6 and 4 quarrels of demon slaying.
(the last one with far slayer) All the hits were critical. I don't
think this can happen without slaying ammo.

--
Wim Benthem

Wim Benthem wrote:

> Spoiler space

> my last two kills of the snake took 6 and 4 quarrels of demon slaying.
> (the last one with far slayer) All the hits were critical. I don't
> think this can happen without slaying ammo.

Hmm, interesting. I'll do some testing.
--
Andy Williams
ADOM Guidebook - http://www.andywlms.com/adom/

The Snack from Beyond phones The Creator. The Snack from Beyond
suddenly look much more powerful. The Snack from Beyond blink at you.
You go *pop*...

Oops, off topic :)

Does anyone know what corpse effects the Snake from Beyond has? My
trollish priest just killed it in melee and it left a corpse (neutral,
not cursed). Don't see anything in the GB.

sopek@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Does anyone know what corpse effects the Snake
> from Beyond has? My trollish priest just killed
> it in melee and it left a corpse (neutral, not
> cursed). Don't see anything in the GB.

Orb Gaurdians are listed first in the GB monster
section. There is a column 'Corpse Effects' under
Appendix J.

The Snake corpse 'Corrupts (~1 effect).'

sopek wrote:

> Does anyone know what corpse effects the Snake from Beyond has? My
> trollish priest just killed it in melee and it left a corpse (neutral,
> not cursed). Don't see anything in the GB.

See the beginning of Appendix J under orb guardians.

AFAIK there is no reason to eat it unless you need corruption. Better
to take it to Guth'Alak if you have SLB or sac it on an aligned altar.
--

Andy Williams wrote:

> AFAIK there is no reason to eat it unless you need corruption. Better
> to take it to Guth'Alak if you have SLB or sac it on an aligned altar.

If you dont have 7lb but lots of blessed water, try watering it
regularly on the way.

snakeFromBeyond wrote:

> Andy Williams wrote:
>

>>AFAIK there is no reason to eat it unless you need corruption. Better
>>to take it to Guth'Alak if you have SLB or sac it on an aligned altar.
>

> If you dont have 7lb but lots of blessed water, try watering it
> regularly on the way.

If you'd prefer to wait until you have more reason to go east besides
the SfB corpse alone, there's also the classic... exploit?...
technique?... of selling it to a shopkeeper. Corpses in stores don't
rot. The best guaranteed shop for selling it to is of course Waldenbrook's.

Erik

Erik Piper (erNOikSP@skyAM.cz) writes:
> snakeFromBeyond wrote:
>>
>> Andy Williams wrote:

Of a spoily persuasion...
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

>>> AFAIK there is no reason to eat it unless you need corruption. Better to
>>> take it to Guth'Alak if you have SLB or sac it on an
>>> aligned altar.
>>

>> If you dont have 7lb but lots of blessed water, try watering it
>> regularly on the way.
>
> If you'd prefer to wait until you have more reason to go east besides
> the SfB corpse alone, there's also the classic... exploit?...
> technique?... of selling it to a shopkeeper. Corpses in stores don't
> rot. The best guaranteed shop for selling it to is of course
> Waldenbrook's.

You should also sell it if you don't have enough holy water to take it east.
Sometimes I'm not able to retrieve it until I've completed the later Temples
(post-wall of flames I mean), but at least it's there instead of nowhere.

In addition to those tricks, I always cook Chaos corpses with a wand of
fire/fireballs. Without Food Preservation, you might need to dip cooked
corpses into holy water twice or thrice from Dwarftown to Terinyo.

--
Curry Bucket's Controversial Web Presence:
The Pandora's Box of the Internet