Seeking Ultra SCSI 3.3v 50 pin external pci card for Zip V..

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.periphs.scsi (More info?)

I have a Dell 600SC that has specially keyed slots that only allows a
3.3v pci card. (see
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=PowerEdgeServer-FAQS&message.id=15#PC003)

We have a Zip 2g drive that is an Ultra SCSI interface and requires a
50 pin external connector.

None of my Adaptec SCSI cards fit that. Can anyone think of a
compatible card?

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about seeking ultra scsi external card

    no cross posting please, this reply only to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell where it
    was read...

    you can probably get an adapter to use the existing controller in your 600sc
    with your 50pin scsi device.
    what type of scsi connector is in your 600sc? check out cablestogo.com for
    many options.

    "saxguy" <saxguy@musicman.org> wrote in message
    > I have a Dell 600SC that has specially keyed slots that only allows a
    > 3.3v pci card. (see

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=PowerEdgeServer-FAQS&message.id=15#PC003)

    > We have a Zip 2g drive that is an Ultra SCSI interface and requires a
    > 50 pin external connector.
    >
    > None of my Adaptec SCSI cards fit that. Can anyone think of a
    > compatible card?
    >
    > thanks

    Yes, there are various and sundry cables and adapters around. I've seen some
    which combine an internal cable and an external connector with to SCSI adapter
    connector in the middle.

    In addition to the type of SCSI connector, check the type of SCSI signalling to
    make sure it, too, is compatible between internal and external. With a newer
    system, the internal drives and SCSI adapter are likely to be low voltage
    differential (LVD). If the ZIP 2GB is the same, you are in good shape. If the
    ZIP 2GB is single-ended (SE), there may be more needed to solve the problem.
    There are also LVD-SE adapter plugs for both 50- and 68-pin... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 14:38:19 GMT, "Christopher Muto" <muto@worldnet.att.net>
    wrote:

    >no cross posting please, this reply only to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell where it
    >was read...
    >
    >you can probably get an adapter to use the existing controller in your 600sc
    >with your 50pin scsi device.
    >what type of scsi connector is in your 600sc? check out cablestogo.com for
    >many options.
    >
    >"saxguy" <saxguy@musicman.org> wrote in message
    >> I have a Dell 600SC that has specially keyed slots that only allows a
    >> 3.3v pci card. (see
    >>
    >http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=PowerEdgeServer-FAQS&message.id=15#PC003)
    >>
    >> We have a Zip 2g drive that is an Ultra SCSI interface and requires a
    >> 50 pin external connector.
    >>
    >> None of my Adaptec SCSI cards fit that. Can anyone think of a
    >> compatible card?
    >>
    >> thanks

Dell SCSI PCI Zip Computers