Seeking Ultra SCSI 3.3v 50 pin external pci card for Zip V..

Tags:
  • Dell
  • SCSI
  • PCI
  • Zip
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
August 4, 2004 10:48:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.periphs.scsi (More info?)

I have a Dell 600SC that has specially keyed slots that only allows a
3.3v pci card. (see
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?b...)

We have a Zip 2g drive that is an Ultra SCSI interface and requires a
50 pin external connector.

None of my Adaptec SCSI cards fit that. Can anyone think of a
compatible card?

thanks

More about : seeking ultra scsi pin external pci card zip

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 6:38:19 PM

no cross posting please, this reply only to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell where it
was read...

you can probably get an adapter to use the existing controller in your 600sc
with your 50pin scsi device.
what type of scsi connector is in your 600sc? check out cablestogo.com for
many options.

"saxguy" <saxguy@musicman.org> wrote in message
> I have a Dell 600SC that has specially keyed slots that only allows a
> 3.3v pci card. (see

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?b...)

> We have a Zip 2g drive that is an Ultra SCSI interface and requires a
> 50 pin external connector.
>
> None of my Adaptec SCSI cards fit that. Can anyone think of a
> compatible card?
>
> thanks
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 7:26:21 PM

Yes, there are various and sundry cables and adapters around. I've seen some
which combine an internal cable and an external connector with to SCSI adapter
connector in the middle.

In addition to the type of SCSI connector, check the type of SCSI signalling to
make sure it, too, is compatible between internal and external. With a newer
system, the internal drives and SCSI adapter are likely to be low voltage
differential (LVD). If the ZIP 2GB is the same, you are in good shape. If the
ZIP 2GB is single-ended (SE), there may be more needed to solve the problem.
There are also LVD-SE adapter plugs for both 50- and 68-pin... Ben Myers

!