KMail problems

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Hi all,

Having problems with sending mail through kmail. I've set it up like it told me in one of the help sites. (www.linux-knowledge-portal.org) I also visited other sites but this one gave me the n00b instructions so I went with it.
I can receive mail but I can't send. I checked all of my settings in kmail config and it is as it should be.

One other thing, could this be a bug?

I need to change my sig.

OK, tried it again and manage to get kmail to recognize the problem. According to it "The application kmail crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV)." It also further stated that it only becomes such a signal when there's a bug and that I'm suppose to report it. I've never done this before so I'm not sure how to proceed.
Could use some help, silverpig, CALV, jihiggs anybody?
I only mentioned those 3 'cause they're who come to mind at the moment. I mean naturally every1 who is LINUX literate. Thanks folks
<font color=blue> You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it!</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by vagabond on 11/29/02 05:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
poorboy is the linux guru 'round these parts :smile:

Do you want to report the bug, get kmail to work, or just get email to work?

If you wanna report the bug, go to the kmail website (prolly kde.org).

If you want to get kmail working, see if there's a newer version of it out. Try rpmfind.net for that one.

If you just want to get your email up asap, you can just use mozilla mail. I've used it a lot and haven't had any problems.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Thanks silverpig,

sorry poorboy didn't mean to insult in case you happen to read this post.

i'll probably check out mozilla. haven't touched the other stuff yet that I loaded under linux. I do like the KDE environment tho. :smile:

<font color=blue> You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS