Which mechanical keyboard is best for gaming?

theboatguy

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I've been looking into upgrading my keyboard and make the jump into mechanical keyboards. I have pretty much narrowed it down to three. I was looking on insight as to which would be the best with quality and the keyboard that would put forth the best gaming experience.

I have been looking at...

-thermaltake meka g1

-corsair k90

-razer blackwidow ultimate

I know they all have diffrent mx cherry keys and I am also wondering which would be the best for gaming and overall feel red, blue or black.

If you have alternative suggestions for keyboards feel free to let me know

Thanks!

well for gaming nothing will ever come close to a buckling spring keyboard (ibm m) in my opinion. however they are only 2kro which takes them out of the running.

what type you pick depends on what you prefer. personally i prefer more resistance so i can rest my fingers on the keys without pressing them accidentally. some people with wimpy fingers find them too strong. i personally like a "click" to verify that i pressed a key, others dont. some like a key letoff, some like smooth travel all the way down. the problem with smooth travel is it is hard to know if you pressed the key or not if you press too lightly.

there are whole articles on mechanical keyboards explaining the difference between keys. i think it was on hardforums... just search google for best mechanical keyboard.

personally i'd suggest things like keyboards from deck or das over what you picked. its what i'm currently looking at (since someone spilled a whole glass of pure 100 proof onto my model m's circuit boards!). i just cant spend the money right now.

theboatguy

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

The thing is I would prefer to go for a das or deck but i literally can't find a seller that will ship to Canada. The keyboards i have suggested are ones that i could get at my local computer store.