1Ghz T-Bird running at Duron 600

G

I was wondering what was wrong with this situation. I have a 1 ghz Thunderbird but when I benchmarked it using Sandra 2001 it showed the processor running at the same level as a Duron 600.

I have:
Asus A7V Bios rev. 1005a
1 ghz Thunderbird
256 pc133
Win2k

If anyone knows if there is a problem with the Bios (or some settings I may be missing), or if there is a problem when win2k and Sandra interact I would appeciate it.

This problem happened before when I had the Asus K7M and a 700 athlon. (sandra saw it as a celeron 166) But when I upgraded the BIOS the problem was solved on this other system.

PLEASE HELP!

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
was it all the benchmarks or only one benchmark that had this result? (i have seen a few people, including myself, get poor memory benchmarks due to poor bios tweaking)

G

have a good read pof the win 2k installation notes cos you need to set some specific options for win2k

M

one of the first UK T-Bird users....

G

Actually now that you mention it my "pc memory" (ram, cpu, and chipset) is overall really sucky. What are the optimum settings for BIOS rev 1005a? If that's what's wrong...

Thanks....

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
enabling 4-way interleave will give you a good jump (if it isn't already enabled). if you have pc-133 make sure you have the ram running at host clock + pci clock. otherwise, there are a few faq lists for bios tweaking that might help