[spoily] Entering Chaos Gate killed char

D ?
I A
D M
Y L
O L
V E
E E
R S

S R
E E
E V
L O
L Y
M D
A I
? D

About one year ago, I had a *very* promising character. I got it to D:50 with
all (I think) requirements for Avatar of Order ultra ending. However, upon
entering the Chaos Gate I received this message [copied from adom.exe, I don't
have the save, flg and logs anymore]:

Suddenly you are surrounded by pure swirling Chaos.
For a moment you resist the swirling forces...
....but then your weapon slips from your hand!
You are immediately absorbed by the forces of Primal Chaos... it's too late to
feel remorse.

I was wearing the chaos stuff and wielding TotRR. I was the champion of order.

What does it mean? What have I done wrong?

Kosma
2 answers Last reply
More about spoily entering chaos gate killed char
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    Kosma wrote:
    > D ?
    > I A
    > D M
    > Y L
    > O L
    > V E
    > E E
    > R S
    >
    > S R
    > E E
    > E V
    > L O
    > L Y
    > M D
    > A I
    > ? D
    >
    > However, upon entering the Chaos Gate I received this message [copied
    > from adom.exe, I don't have the save, flg and logs anymore]:
    >
    > Suddenly you are surrounded by pure swirling Chaos.
    > For a moment you resist the swirling forces...
    > ...but then your weapon slips from your hand!
    > You are immediately absorbed by the forces of Primal Chaos... it's too
    > late to feel remorse.
    >
    > I was wearing the chaos stuff and wielding TotRR. I was the champion of
    > order.
    >
    > What does it mean? What have I done wrong?

    My memory is a little hazy but I think that was the message you get when
    you aren't at the extreme alignment.

    Teemu
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:25:10 +0200, Kosma
    <kosmam.spammers@go.to.hell.op.pl> wrote:

    >D ?
    >I A
    >D M
    >Y L
    >O L
    >V E
    >E E
    >R S
    >
    >S R
    >E E
    >E V
    >L O
    >L Y
    >M D
    >A I
    >? D
    >
    >About one year ago, I had a *very* promising character. I got it to D:50 with
    >all (I think) requirements for Avatar of Order ultra ending. However, upon
    >entering the Chaos Gate I received this message [copied from adom.exe, I don't
    >have the save, flg and logs anymore]:
    >
    >Suddenly you are surrounded by pure swirling Chaos.
    >For a moment you resist the swirling forces...
    >...but then your weapon slips from your hand!

    IIRC, you have the Doomed intrinsic. You need to find a way to get rid of
    it.

    (Being doomed by equipment is okay - however, doomed by intrinsic is not.)

Games Video Games