Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 won't load in new mobo

Last response: in Windows 7
January 3, 2013 3:02:34 AM

Today I built my new rig (specs below) and I kept the hard drive off my old gateway to save some coin. After I installed all the new hardware I turned it on and the ASrock screen popped up and prompted me to choose instant flash, select boot order, enter BIOS, and switch screen. When windows 7 attempts to load it stops while the dots are floating towards the center. The windows repair tool didn't help what-so-ever (go figure >.>) and the PC won't/can't run in safe mode. I updated the BIOS from the ASrock website but that didn't help. I've tried all of the options provided and none worked. I don't want to format my drive and lose my data but I will if I must because I may have access to a new copy of Windows 7. Can anyone help me not lose all of my data?

Corsair cx500
WD green 1TB
Sapphire 7950 3gb
Cooler master elite 430 mid case
ASrock 770iCafe ATX motherboard
AMD FX 6100
Basic RAM (6GB) (x2 2GB, x2 1GB)
Hyper 212 evo

More about : windows load mobo

a c 401 $ Windows 7
January 3, 2013 3:06:22 AM

Did you purchase this windows 7 or did it come installed on the Gateway?If it was preinstalled on the gateway you can't use it because it's an OEM license and can't be transferred to the new board.

OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^
Score
January 3, 2013 3:10:59 AM

well,
if windows is corrupted and repair tool wont help,
u can still install a new system without format! the old windows goes in an "old folder"
just put in the dvd and dont choose to format!!
OR
u can do this:
boot a small OS from usb, that lets u start your pc and save your data.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/bootusbflas...
Score
Related resources
a c 401 $ Windows 7
January 3, 2013 3:13:32 AM

He still needs a new license if the other copy was OEM on the gateway.
Score
January 3, 2013 3:13:36 AM

Okay so who knows how to erase a OEM?(if that's possible) also, say I got a free download of windows 7 from school, if I downloaded the OS to a 64GB flashdrive how would I go about installing that OS over my current setup.
Score
January 3, 2013 3:14:31 AM

And yes it was a preinstalled OS
Score
January 3, 2013 3:17:39 AM

Okay but how do I install a new OS while the old one and all of my data is still on the drive?
Score
January 3, 2013 3:19:55 AM

nvm read the link, thanks =)
Score
January 3, 2013 3:19:58 AM

i alrady gave u an answer to back up your data
Score

Best solution

January 3, 2013 3:22:57 AM

and just for future advice:
Never buy OEM, or any kind of a "prebuilt" PC.
build it yourself, it is better!
January 3, 2013 3:24:37 AM

Best answer selected by overclocked2x.
Score
a c 401 $ Windows 7
January 3, 2013 3:26:12 AM

This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
Score
!