will microsoft now support amd -hammer-

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well i guess intel went with linux. for one time they did a right move:^) so mircosoft is screwed will they support amd hammer and clawhammer. so microsoft would be an outcast if they dont have a processor to go with there os. whats up with intel they finally smarting up, realizing that microsoft is working at a turtle pace to get the os ready. the only reason that i see that microsoft need to rush the IA-64 processor and have some market share before amd. also sun's sparc and digital's alpha wont give up market share fast.

-- takes one to now one --

G

haha... Intel didn't 'pick' Linux for anything. It is just that Linux MIGHT be the only OS out there, when the Itanium is released, that supports it. I'm sure a version of Windows that does support it will be out soon after, however.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree with grizely1, Linux is the first OS to support IA-64 Itanium, Microsoft is working on 923409853 applications at once. Im sure Microsoft will have a 64 bit OS ready for launch of Itanium.

And yes, Microsoft will support AMD hammer

G

The Hammers are x86, x87, SSE2, 3DNow!, and x86-64-bit complant, they don't need any speacial code, and will run all x86 software currently out there, however should a programmer choose to use 64-bit code, the Hammers support that to. That's waht makes the Hammers my pick for next CPU standard, you don't have to switch cold turkey.

I AM Canadian.

TRENDING THREADS