Please help my mouse is sticking.

trainergames

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Ok when i left for work my mouse and everything else was working fine,and i left my rig running while i was at work,cause i was in the middle of stuff,and did not want to lose where i was,,but when i got back i noticed my mouse is acting weird,it will be find then randomly sticks on screen for like half a second,the jerks in the direction i was moving the mouse in.

My mouse is a Razer Deathadder 3500DPI,also i noticed that when it happens i see small spikes in cpu usage,on 1 or 2 cores,and never on the same cores 2 times in a row,also nothing else seems to be skipping when this happens.

trainergames

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Ok i had restarted my pc before you anwsered,and it fixed,but today it started agian,and i don't see any application that is using more than it should,plus i have a good cpu i should not be having problems like that,oh also when it started up agian,at one point the mouse disconnected,and reconnected for no reason, also i JUST noticed that when it happens the lights in the death adder blink.

more often than not mouse sticking is as described by ubrales as an application bogging down your entire machine. think of your machine as a whole, not just as a cpu.

what tasks do you start when the mouse starts lagging?

your second issue of disconnecting and reconnecting brings up a different scenario completely. do you have another mouse you can use in the same port to check if the port is faulty? this would be what i check first. next i would uninstall the drivers and reinstall and check with the right mouse.

i suppose there could be a connection loose in the mouse or some other issue. i'm not ruling it out but i believe you should check everything else out before you jump to conclusions.

i've had my deathadder for over a year now without any issues. in general the cable and integrity in general seem solid enough to not work lose.

----

hope that gives you a few more things to look at and reply to!

trainergames

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Ok, i really don't think it is something bogging my pc down,cause it is still happening right now,and and while i type this cpu(FX-8150) usage is at 1-5%,and ram usage is at 3.7GB of 8GB,and i have had it up to 7GB of usage before(like a month or 2 ago)and this problem did not come up,and i have a high end video card(7970),and a high wattage power supply(1000w).
I don't have another working USB mouse to test the port with,but i really hope that is not the problem,cause the mobo is only five months old.

It has been nine months(i think)since i bought my deathadder,i had never had any problems with it till now,plus my uncle currently has 3 deathadders lol,one for work,one for home,and one his kid"stole" from him lol,and he has not had any problems,so i guess i just happen to be unlucky.

EDIT:Also it is not my HD,bogging down,cause i have a 60GB SSD(plus a 1.5TB HD for storage).

you aren't using the usb to ps/2 adapter?

why not? if you have a full sized motherboard there isnt any reason not to. the mouse doesnt have to poll the usb bus then.. it is force interrupt on ps/2.

it also would double as a test to see if the issue was the usb port.

trainergames

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
I don't have one,and my mouse did not come with one,plus my mobo does not have any PS/2 ports,i have also moved the mouse to a different usb port,if it is not fixed(it could take a week like it did before before to show up agian)if so i will post back on here.

EDIT:it has already shown up agian,with the mouse plugged into a different port.

EDIT#2: Ok i i went and tested it on my laptop(which is running vista,and does not have the DA drivers installed,and the problem did not show up,but i only tested it for 5 minutes),and then when i plugged it back into my gaming rig,the problem started right back up.
Also here is a video i found where someone's deathadder is blinks the same way mine does,when it sticks,expect my is now blinking 3 times not 1 like in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sVO9HYUeuo

I am going to try to reinstall the driver(even though i have the latest). i'll post back how it goes.

EDIT#3:i reinstalled the drivers,and it has not happened yet,but i will post if it happens agian.

EDIT#4:the problem is back..........

Jestes

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

I had this same problem, so i hit the web to figure it out. The link you posted to the video of the blinking is what solved it.
The top comment states,

"Ive found a permanent Fix for this... It happens when you pull the Usb cable out of your computer and reinsert it without rebooting... to fix this you just delete The process "razerhid.exe" from the task manager ... and it'll work fine again..."

As the comment suggested, i ended the process "razerhid.exe" and the problem was solved. Share the love to anyone who has the same issue my friend.
~Jestes