Anyone else Roleplay their characters?

I speak in the sense of self limitation in line with character
class/race or some backstory you made up. Not necessarily actually
predetermined challange games.

My favorite is the continual attempt at a True Beserker, dual weilding
dark elven barbarian. Plan is to get all quests from town, Rescue
puppy and Kill raider lord. I actually succeeded once :)

While that might not be roleplaying persay, I do limit some of my
barbarians to be truly illiterate, no magic and the likes.

If a character of mine gets assaulted continuously early on by
say...Kobolds, I might make it a mission of revenge once he gets a bit
more powerful.

Any similar stories?

<Maxwell.Armada@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I speak in the sense of self limitation in line with character
> class/race or some backstory you made up. Not necessarily actually
> predetermined challange games.
<<SNIP>>

Just popped in after quite some time and saw this intriguing question!

I have two favorites I like to "roleplay" (and end up getting attached to).
One is a dwarf paladin who only hunts and kills evil aligned. My absolute
favorite is elf druid who never kills an animal (except on Druid quest last
level).

Man, I wish ADOM was out for the Xbox. JK.

Greg Howard
5YQ

Maxwell.Armada@gmail.com wrote:
> I speak in the sense of self limitation in line with character
> class/race or some backstory you made up. Not necessarily actually
> predetermined challange games.

Hrm. I generally have a character collect something--a matched set of
each kind of dragon gauntlets and armour, for example, or the best
example of each kind of weapon that has both a prefix and a suffix, or a
complete set of mithril or crystal what-have-you. Not sure if that's
what you're looking for, though.

Love and coffee,
Frances

Maxwell.Armada@gmail.com wrote in message news:<1120698672.986316.257230@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> I speak in the sense of self limitation in line with character
> class/race or some backstory you made up. Not necessarily actually
> predetermined challange games.

<snip story>

> Any similar stories?

Since i mention one quest, i mark this as 'spoily':
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Aye, i have. Until yesterday i had promising hurtling mindcrafter, bou
he's dead now. He was doing extremly well, at his level 22, he already
had/drank: 17 PoGA, 3 PoCC, 1 SoCR, 7LB, eternium tower shield, phase
dagger, 3 RoInvisiblity, heap of 20 quarrels of slaying, handful of
fireproof blankets, 2 amulets of free action (my favourite),... you
name it. But he was killed by a cat. Not npc cat, but real one. My cat
jumped on my keyboard, stepped on down arrow, thus moving my char on
chaotic altar. Guess what that nearby goblin slavemaster did...
ROAR!!! This was the first game i attempted to spare them and this is
how they repay me??? Kill all npc cats i say! My new roleplay for the
rest of my adom days is simple: Kill all cats, have no mercy with
them, even friendly or tame! And especially that cat-hugging bastard!
I'll force him to eat that damned ring!
Yax the angry
PS: I'm just angry about my poor chap, maybe i'll calm down. Anyone
willing to cast 'calm monster' on me? Since i'm mindcrafter, i'm
unable to do so... :) Anyway, next character's name will be
'Cat-Eater'.