Error 41 (63)

mjssge

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Hi,
over the last 7 days Ive been experiencing unforced shutdowns of my system.

I checked the event log and its related to a critical event: Kernel Power, Event 41, Task category (63).

I had a look on the web and their are loads of "fixes", but I havent come accross a thread that led to someone saying the prob was resolved.

Anyhow this is what Ive done so far:

1. Possible driver problem - No messing about: reformat SSD and HDD - reinstall Win 7 and basic software (mobo/gpu) -

2. Possible Mobo/GPU/PSU problem - reset mobo back to standard settings - run OCCT test to check CPU/PSU/GPU - No errors -

3. Alter power management plan so pc doesnt sleep/hibernate -

4. Set power plan to high performance

5. Change power management on new gaming keyboard , swap keyboard to make sure (paranoia)

6. Check no duplicate audio drivers.

7. ran Unigine Heaven to give the sys a shakedown.

Its quite frustrating because I cant narrow it down to hardware or software.

On the 3/1/2013 it powered down (and restarted) with this error 10 times between 01:25am and 10:52am, however it had stayed stable

prior to that and hadnt powered down since 15:16 on the 2/1.

So u see it appears random (nothing is random in computing) with the time stamps and no pattern emerging prior to Error 41.

I hope someone can help as Im reluctant to start ordering parts when I dont know what the problem is.

Many Thanks

mjssge

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
No reply? ;-(

Installed a copy of windows 8 to see if that resolved the prob on the software side..no joy.

TRENDING THREADS