Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Pagefile gauge/meter?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 3, 2013 9:28:34 AM

Does anyone know any pagefile usage meter?

So that i can monitor how much out of my total 8gb pagefile is being used.

Thanks in advance!

More about : pagefile gauge meter

Best solution

a c 85 C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
January 3, 2013 10:05:45 AM

I have seen it done before, I am quite sure of that.

OK, I found out how. Follow this guide on Rainmeter.
http://lifehacker.com/5828789/how-to-create-an-attracti...
When you install the program, several things should popup on your desktop. Right click on any, go down to "illustro", then "system" and click on "System.ini".

That will give you a meter showing your CPU, RAM and SWAP usage. The SWAP file is another name for the pagefile.
You can get rid of the other box's if you want, though I advise looking a bit into Rainmeter and tinkering. Its pretty useful.
a b C Monitor
January 3, 2013 10:28:30 AM

dude, i just responded to this exact question 10 minute ago, how many posts are you going to make asking this same question, and how many different answers do you want?
m
l
Related resources
a c 85 C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
January 3, 2013 10:37:53 AM

Ahh.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/295723-32-pagefile-ga...
Dont make multiple threads of the same question, because then it splinters the discussion among people who are not aware of the whole picture.
As you can see, Abbadon and I had completely different methods for answering your question, while in this case it would have been fine, in other situations trying both methods could lead to issues and incompatibilities.
m
l
January 14, 2013 3:12:56 PM

Thank you for your answers, i made multiple threads just so i may have a larger response from multiple people with different and insightful suggestions/tips/methods.

As one can see, the thread that "abbadon" refers to is quite unfruitful and simply lacks the solution i needed for my query. While this thread i think has the solution i am seeking for.

If i had not made multiple threads/queries i probably had not caught "manoofchalk's" attention in which he had provided quite useful information.

As much as the internet is now, quite willing to bash anyone with no consequences i want to remain nice and not slander "abbadon" with his answer that appeared to be less the solution i needed. But however i am very thankful that he took the time to answer my question.
m
l
January 14, 2013 4:44:09 PM

Best answer selected by flowingbass.
m
l
!