[Announce] Heroic Adventure! update...

Last response: in Video Games
July 11, 2005 7:45:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.announce,rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

The latest build of HA! 0.1.7 is available at:

http://www.heroicadventure.com/dev/release/ha017_latest...

Please note this is merely the latest build and not a "release." HA!
releases are quarterly, and the 0.1.7 release is scheduled for 8/31/05.

This is just the latest build for those of you interested in seeing what's
coming in the 0.1.7 release.

As most of you already know, HA! requires the 2.0 Framework. Whether or
not you think it's a good thing, it's not likely to change any time
soon. If you've got the framework, feel free to check out HA! If you don't
have the framework, there's probably not much I can say to persuade
you. Either way, feel free to check it out.

If you are interested in the development and improvement of HA!, you can
submit bugs and suggestions at the HA! forum, located here:
http://www.ircomm.net/forums/32/ShowForum.aspx

Thanks,
S.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 4:43:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

Looks quite nice. I prefer HA's layout to ADOM's.. I've introduced an
Rogue-like addict friend to it already.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:52:46 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

WB
July 12, 2005 4:44:49 PM

Heroic Adventure wrote:
> As most of you already know, HA! requires the 2.0 Framework.

The 2.0 *what* framework? I happen to know, but not everybody reading
this necessarily will. Please be specific.

July 12, 2005 10:32:04 PM

TheManifold wrote:
> Looks quite nice. I prefer HA's layout to ADOM's.. I've introduced an
> Rogue-like addict friend to it already.

Thanks!! New addicts are always welcome.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:32:22 PM

konijn_ wrote:
> WB

*tips hat*

Thanks!
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:33:39 PM

Twisted One wrote:
> Heroic Adventure wrote:
>
>> As most of you already know, HA! requires the 2.0 Framework.
>

> The 2.0 *what* framework? I happen to know, but not everybody reading
> this necessarily will. Please be specific.

*sighs and readjusts asbestos monitor lining*

the 2.0 .NET Framework...

heh
July 13, 2005 8:18:01 PM

Heroic Adventure, completely geschtonkenflapped, wrote:
>>> As most of you already know, HA! requires the 2.0 Framework.
>>
>> The 2.0 *what* framework? I happen to know, but not everybody reading
>> this necessarily will. Please be specific.
>
> *sighs and readjusts asbestos monitor lining*
> the 2.0 .NET Framework...

why 2.0? it's still in beta.

--
there is a cheer. the gnomes have learned a new way to say hooray. [-shpongle]

address is scrambled - remove the superfluous "x" marks to reply
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 5:46:19 AM

matija wrote:

>>>The 2.0 *what* framework? I happen to know, but not everybody reading
>>>this necessarily will. Please be specific.
>>
>>*sighs and readjusts asbestos monitor lining*
>>the 2.0 .NET Framework...
>

> why 2.0? it's still in beta.

2.0 makes my life easier from a developer standpoint. The fact that it's
in beta is of little consequence to me. Haven't had a single problem so far.
!