Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I've floated this problem around awhile, but so far,
nobody has been able to figure out the problem. Any
suggestions?

I'm currently using an MN-720 Wireless Notebook adapter
and an MN-700 Wireless Base Station. The connection
worked just fine for a long time, but recently, I have
begun to have intermittent connectivity problems.

Basically, the notebook has a hard time connecting to the
first page that I attempt to open up. It takes about a
full minute to find and load the page. Then, I can
connect to several pages in a row very quickly, but after
about a minute or two, it has trouble connecting again.
At that time, IE typically says it cannot display the
page. Then, I hit "refresh" and it loads instantly, and
continues working fine for another couple of minutes.
Then I run into the same problem again.

Now, I also have a desktop connected to the wireless hub
via a direct ethernet cable connection. I never have any
connectivity problems with the desktop. I have no other
computers hooked up to the network.

Also, I've recently used my laptop with the MN-720 on
another network and experienced the same problem, so it
must be something with the MN-720 adapter setup or
hardware.

Anyone have any advice as to what I can do to fix the
wireless connectivity problem? Thanks.

Chris

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What operating system are you running?

Mike

"Chris" <cwadley@mail.com> wrote in message
> I've floated this problem around awhile, but so far,
> nobody has been able to figure out the problem. Any
> suggestions?
>
> I'm currently using an MN-720 Wireless Notebook adapter
> and an MN-700 Wireless Base Station. The connection
> worked just fine for a long time, but recently, I have
> begun to have intermittent connectivity problems.
>
> Basically, the notebook has a hard time connecting to the
> first page that I attempt to open up. It takes about a
> full minute to find and load the page. Then, I can
> connect to several pages in a row very quickly, but after
> about a minute or two, it has trouble connecting again.
> At that time, IE typically says it cannot display the
> page. Then, I hit "refresh" and it loads instantly, and
> continues working fine for another couple of minutes.
> Then I run into the same problem again.
>
> Now, I also have a desktop connected to the wireless hub
> via a direct ethernet cable connection. I never have any
> connectivity problems with the desktop. I have no other
> computers hooked up to the network.
>
> Also, I've recently used my laptop with the MN-720 on
> another network and experienced the same problem, so it
> must be something with the MN-720 adapter setup or
> hardware.
>
> Anyone have any advice as to what I can do to fix the
> wireless connectivity problem? Thanks.
>
> Chris

Perhaps it isn't the adapter at all, but your browser. Have you tried
clearing out the cache lately?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Chris" <cwadley@mail.com> wrote in message
> I've floated this problem around awhile, but so far,
> nobody has been able to figure out the problem. Any
> suggestions?
>
> I'm currently using an MN-720 Wireless Notebook adapter
> and an MN-700 Wireless Base Station. The connection
> worked just fine for a long time, but recently, I have
> begun to have intermittent connectivity problems.
>
> Basically, the notebook has a hard time connecting to the
> first page that I attempt to open up. It takes about a
> full minute to find and load the page. Then, I can
> connect to several pages in a row very quickly, but after
> about a minute or two, it has trouble connecting again.
> At that time, IE typically says it cannot display the
> page. Then, I hit "refresh" and it loads instantly, and
> continues working fine for another couple of minutes.
> Then I run into the same problem again.
>
> Now, I also have a desktop connected to the wireless hub
> via a direct ethernet cable connection. I never have any
> connectivity problems with the desktop. I have no other
> computers hooked up to the network.
>
> Also, I've recently used my laptop with the MN-720 on
> another network and experienced the same problem, so it
> must be something with the MN-720 adapter setup or
> hardware.
>
> Anyone have any advice as to what I can do to fix the
> wireless connectivity problem? Thanks.
>
> Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, it's not the cache.
In fact, your message prompted me to clear it out again,
but... no difference.

Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, SP2.

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

He may mean your DNScache

ipconfig /flushdns

That said, are you still connected (meaning your network connection shows as
good), or are you being disconnected? In other words, are we dealing with a
browser issue or a network issue?

It may be that your ISP's DNS server is busy. Are you set up to receive DNS
info automatically? How many servers does your ISP provide? You might
consider adding a third one to see if that fixes problems.

The fact that all was well and now it's not seems to indicate an issue that
is new..if you haven't done anything, it could be outside your area of
control.

> Thanks for the suggestion, but no, it's not the cache.
> In fact, your message prompted me to clear it out again,
> but... no difference.
>
> Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I am not being disconnected; my network connection
continously shows as good. I noticed that, when the
hiccup occurs, the wireless light on the adapter doesn't
flicker, like it does when sending/receiving data.
Instead, it just shows a solid green. Once it gets going
again (after I hit refresh for the page) it goes back to
normal for a few minutes.