Overclock Athlon 700 Slot A?

jowilly1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a T-bird 700 Slot A on a FIC SD11 Motherboard. Can this processor be safely overclocked? If so, what can it be clocked to and what settings on board?

G

Yes it can be overclocked. I'm pretty sure you don't have any FSB manipulations on your MB so you'll need a gold finger device to do it. Overclocking results varry but with good cooling you could be able to get between 900-1200mhz. Realistically with an Al based processor you're looking at 900 or 950. If you've got a Cu processor 1ghz (50% chance)is not an unrealistic speed. I don't know if you can tell Cu vs. Al on slot A.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Just a warning to consider: watch the temperature VERY carefully on those AMDs.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

Diemos

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
First of all AMD didn't make a copper slot a Athlon, only aluminium. The max you'l get from a 700 is about 950. That's just enough to notice a difference in everyday usage. My dad runs his 700@935(110*8.5) w/ 2.0 vcore. The temp maxes out at ~45C w/ a GlobalWin VOSS32 and ys tech fans. They called this "the Beast" and don't make it anymore unfortunately, but you can still get a good hsf from "coolerguys.com". Also I suggest getting a "compunurse" and placeing the thermistor as close to the core as you can on the core-side of the heatplate. With the GFD, try and remove only what is necessary to install the GFD and thermistor. I used a dremel to remove the top part of the CPU case. This will make sure you don't have probs with the cartridge wiggling in the slot. All this will cost you about 75 bucks and will be transferable to a faster chip if you want to upgrade. Feel free to message me questions if any, good luck.

P.S. Max the multiplier and then try for the FSB(if you can)

"I yam what I yam!"

TRENDING THREADS