Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best 24" TN-panel monitor for gaming/Movies under $225?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 21, 2012 11:01:46 AM

I thought I'd ask this pretty common question because I couldn't find a fairly recent answer on the web. As the title suggests, what do you think the best 24" TN-panel monitor is for gaming and movies/videos (preferably LED backlit). I Can't really afford those high-end IPS/VA $500+ monitors with the 3d and 120hz sadly (I find 3D to be quite gimmicky for gaming to be honest anyways).

This is the monitor I've found the most interest in, great ratings and fair price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Let me know if you can think of a better choice! :) 

Best solution

a b C Monitor
May 21, 2012 2:02:06 PM

I have that same model and am a big fan. The colors need some tweaking out of of the box, but it is nice and bright and response time is as fast as advertised.

Also reports of the stand being flimsy are a bit overblown.
May 21, 2012 2:06:24 PM

revolution2718 said:
I have that same model and am a big fan. The colors need some tweaking out of of the box, but it is nice and bright and response time is as fast as advertised.

Also reports of the stand being flimsy are a bit overblown.
Thanks for the reply, even better since its from an actual owner. Is there some sort of program you use to calibrate the colors by chance?
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
May 21, 2012 2:15:55 PM

Personally I didn't because they're pricey for the most part and I dont need them to be perfect. There are some color profiles online you can download but they didn't work for me for whatever reason.

I just by eye and made it into something I liked. Personally I hate those "theater" modes that make it super contrasty and hyper-real, which this offers but I just found standard mode with a few minor tweaks works best for me.
m
l
May 22, 2012 11:06:17 AM

Best answer selected by arbetor20.
m
l
!