Can corruption potions be survived

Um... that was it, really. Has anyone done it yet?

---
Bow to kevin.
Please visit Gobleteer's "Metaweb".
http://gobleteer.zapto.org/

Flubsicle@gmail.com wrote:
> You mean potions of raw chaos?

1) Quote what you reply to.
2) Read the RGRA FAQ.

-Tapsa

Gobleteer wrote:
> Actually, since the entire question was in the title...
> Flubsicle: yes.
> Harkila: I'm afraid you'll have to type that again without the
> abbreviation, if it was directed at me as an answer.
> ---
> Bow to kevin.
> Please visit Gobleteer's "Metaweb".
> http://gobleteer.zapto.org/
> T. Harkila <tharkila@abo.if> wrote in message
> > Flubsicle@gmail.com wrote:
> > > You mean potions of raw chaos?
> >
> > 1) Quote what you reply to.
> > 2) Read the RGRA FAQ.
> >
> > -Tapsa

3) Don't top-post. :)

(But all three of these statements are a little too terse and
snappy-sounding.)

RGRA = [r]ec.[g]ames.[r]oguelike.[a]dom, the newsgroup you're reading
right now. An experienced Usenetter will tend to recognize a
newsgroup-name abbreviation from the contexr even in a new group, but
it's hardly ask fair to expect that of you and flubsicle.

I can only believe that TH was talking to flubsicle, since the
netiquette blunder (Usenet etiquette blunder -- Usenet is also what
you're reading right now) in question was his, not yours.

The RGRA FAQ is posted once a month; for some time now, the flag-bearer
for this has been Malte Helmert. A google groups search for faq will
turn it up quite quickly. Among other things, it provides a short
discussion of things to do and not do to keep the netiquette "nazis"
(who in reality are quite nice people as long as you follow netiquette,
by the way) in check. :)

Erik Piper wrote:

> The RGRA FAQ is posted once a month; for some time now, the flag-bearer
> for this has been Malte Helmert. A google groups search for faq will
> turn it up quite quickly.

Or just follow this link: http://www.andywlms.com/adom/rgrafaq.html.

Malte

Gobleteer wrote:
> T. Harkila <tharkila@abo.if> wrote in message
>>>Flubsicle@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>You mean potions of raw chaos?
>>
>>1) Quote what you reply to.
>>2) Read the RGRA FAQ.

> Harkila: I'm afraid you'll have to type that again without the
> abbreviation, if it was directed at me as an answer.

FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions
RGRA = rec.games.roguelike.adom

It was directed to Flubsicle. Of course, if you haven't yet read the
FAQ, it won't hurt to read it - you find it at
http://www.andywlms.com/adom/rgrafaq.html . Not all of the rules are
obvious just by common sense.

As for "to whom I answered", if quoted correctly, you'll see the
target's name on the first line of the "N.N. wrote in message".

-Tapsa

Did I just get banned from these forums or something? I can't respond
to anything.

Flubsicle@gmail.com wrote:
> Did I just get banned from these forums or something? I can't respond
> to anything.

This is an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup. It is not a "forum" in the
sense that it's a web forum. I would highly recommend installing
Thunderbird and checking with your ISP whether they provide news
services (Usually, if they do, the server is news.(whatever your mail
*server* address ends in, and the user/password is the same as for
mail), then "subscribe" to "rec.games.roguelike.adom", so you can see
how newsgroups are supposed to be read. Then you may see the use for
quoting context and keeping attributions, too.