Sound/stutter/static Issues

taxicrab

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hey community,

A couple of months ago, I started experiencing some really intense stuttering/static with my G35 headset. The stuttering effected everything (video, audio, mouse/keyboard input), and would happen during any activity, though more commonly during video games/higher activity. I google'd issues with the G35 and saw a lot of people with similar complaints, mostly unresolved, so I got a new headset, Turtle Beach PX21.

It seemed to be working much better, until I started experiencing popping with it as well. Not the intense stuttering and megabursts of static from the G35, but still obviously there's an issue.

Around a month ago I started playing around in Unreal Dev Kit. While using the G35 I had no issues specific to UDK, just the stutter. When I switched to the PX21, however, I lost the ability to hear sound when I played scenes within the editor. If I launch the scenes fully, the sound works, but playing in the editor results in a loud pop followed by silence. I also can't preview any sound files in the editor.

I unplugged my headset and, using only my old USB desk speakers and experienced the same thing. Reinstalled UDK and it worked for a few hours, then the problem recurred.

I'm also currently trying out some 3.5mm Analog speakers which seem to have all the same issues as the USB speakers and the PX21.

I've also experienced one total freeze and one blue screen plugging in/unplugging the PX21.

In summary, I don't know where the main issue lies. Many of the symptoms seem to overlap, and google results are pointing fingers all over the place.

Thanks guys