Epson Stylus SX200 driver and printhead issues.

kitteh_

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
So, it appears I have an issue with the print heads on my printer. Everything I print has these blank or partially printed stripes through it where one or multiple colours hasn't been printed.
I've tried nozzle checking and cleaning and that hasn't helped. Another possible solution the Epson website suggests is aligning the print heads. This is done via an icon in the taskbar. This icon has disappeared on my computer, it used to be there and one day it just wasn't, I hadn't changed anything, I tried reinstalling all the drivers and everything and nothing seemed to work. This is the first real problem I've had with not being able to find it.
The Epson website seems to have deemed the SX200 as too old to offer any support for so if anyone here can shed any light of either of these issues, thanks! I've probably missed something obvious.

if its horizontal lines, then its blocked nozzles. if its vertical lines, then its your alignment. if you have tried running head cleans multiple times and still no good, then your print head is probably stuffed = new printer, as cost of head replacement is too expensive for what its worth. If you are using non-epson inks, then that may be your problem. Putting in epson inks sometimes fixes things, but the head may already be damaged due to crappy ink.

kitteh_

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010

Thanks. I am using Epson ink but have used otherwise in the past. I'll have to see.