Sign in with
Your question

PC MONITOR FAIL & advice

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 24, 2012 1:07:09 AM

Hi,

Id just like to get some advice.
My samsung 21" has been constantly turning off and on and after a bit of rest it works normal for a while and then does the same thing. so im assuming my monitor is pretty much done for, am i right? or is there something im missing.

also, if i was to buy another monitor what would my best bet be? the same type of samsung LCD or what, because i see a lot of LED monitors around but i dont know too much about LED. can anyone give me some advice?

thanks

More about : monitor fail advice

a c 78 C Monitor
May 24, 2012 2:34:04 AM

What you describe could be a repairable problem with the power switch, but I don't know much about repairing monitors, so maybe somebody else can help with that. If the monitor is over 3 years old, it might be better to get a new monitor anyway.
If you want advice about what monitor to buy, I suggest you start with the template:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/59847-3-template-moni...

In the meantime, I can inform you about LED monitors: they're not a completely separately panel type. They're just LCD monitors with a different kind of backlight: instead of a fluorescent tube, they use LEDs - most of them use "white" LEDs which are actually blue LEDs with yellow phosphor. (professional-level monitors often use RGB LEDs instead)
m
l
!