HP LaserJet-P1005 when asked to plug into laptop it does not detect it

LindaLinda

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
HP Laser Jet P1005 when trying to install the driver and i get to the point where i have to plug the printer into the laptop, it does not detect that this has been done. therefore i cannot complete the driver installation. major frustrated.

please please give me a solution. Thanks, linda

It used to work perfectly before but I installed office 2010 and windows 7. really ready to quit.

LindaLinda

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Hi, thanks so much for getting back to me as i was very frustrated. However, i discovered that windows 7 could be 32 bit or 64 bit and when i loaded the driver for the 64 bit version it loaded first time.

Before this I even went to system recovery to try and delete any existing driver but it never worked until i loaded the driver for the 64 bit version. I also thought it could have been my anti virus stopping it and was about to try and disable it.
Fortunately i never got so far as i hadnt figure out quite how to do it yet.

I would just like to thank you though for taking the time out to try and assist a very frustrated person. I was just about ready to go out and purchase a new printer in utter frustration. Luckily i found the problem just in time.

Thank you once again and enjoy your weekend. Linda