Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Looking for perfect gaming monitor 23"~27"

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 25, 2012 9:48:24 AM

hi guys,

im looking for perfect Monitor specially for gaming , type of games : Guild wars 2 "MMos" and battlefiled 3 "FPS"

my budget max 1k USD and i dont care about 3D if it is there thats is ok but 3D not important.

i dont know what is better IPS monitor , LED , LCD , Etc. i own LED monitor.

im looking for something with accurate color and low respond time.

any recommendation ?


More about : perfect gaming monitor

a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2012 7:47:47 PM

If you spend more time playing first-person shooters, you might want a 120Hz monitor like one in my signature. I always struggle with the idea of moving to a 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 monitor because of the input lag and its affects on your ability to perform in the shooters. I like the idea of a larger view of the "world" though.

What kind of video card(s) do you have?
Related resources
May 25, 2012 8:40:20 PM

ubercake said:
If you spend more time playing first-person shooters, you might want a 120Hz monitor like one in my signature. I always struggle with the idea of moving to a 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 monitor because of the input lag and its affects on your ability to perform in the shooters. I like the idea of a larger view of the "world" though.

What kind of video card(s) do you have?



currently im using AMD 5970 but im going to upgrade it soon to high-end on,

i didnt found the monitor in your signature and what do you think of samsung 27A750 120HZ 3ms
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
May 26, 2012 10:27:34 AM

alz3abi said:
currently im using AMD 5970 but im going to upgrade it soon to high-end on,

i didnt found the monitor in your signature and what do you think of samsung 27A750 120HZ 3ms

My monitor:

Acer HN274H

It's a 2ms response, but we know there's no standard for measuring this right now. Mine has the active Nvidia 3D solution which wouldn't do you much good at this time since it requires an Nvidia card.

I'm not sure about the Samsungs, but from the specs the one you list looks pretty good though. It uses the passive 3D tech. It will run 120Hz using a display port connection.

I definitely wouldn't make the decision based on the 3D capability of the monitor though. At this stage of the game, any 3D implementation is a definite disadvantage when playing multi-player shooters.


Any of the 120Hz monitors should be great for shooters though. Just make sure the one you choose (like this Samsung) will run 2D at 120Hz. And we're talking 120Hz input, not 120Hz post-processing (creates input lag issues) like TVs.
May 26, 2012 2:11:19 PM

ubercake said:
My monitor:

Acer HN274H

It's a 2ms response, but we know there's no standard for measuring this right now. Mine has the active Nvidia 3D solution which wouldn't do you much good at this time since it requires an Nvidia card.

I'm not sure about the Samsungs, but from the specs the one you list looks pretty good though. It uses the passive 3D tech. It will run 120Hz using a display port connection.

I definitely wouldn't make the decision based on the 3D capability of the monitor though. At this stage of the game, any 3D implementation is a definite disadvantage when playing multi-player shooters.


Any of the 120Hz monitors should be great for shooters though. Just make sure the one you choose (like this Samsung) will run 2D at 120Hz. And we're talking 120Hz input, not 120Hz post-processing (creates input lag issues) like TVs.



how do we confirm about 120HZ input?
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
May 27, 2012 12:19:25 PM

Check reviews. From what I've seen, the Samsung you're considering will do 120Hz in 2D. I bet it has really good color and a good picture. Samsungs usually do.
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
May 27, 2012 1:18:00 PM

Hold on a minute - "Samsung 27A750" is actually a bit ambiguous. alz3abi, do you mean the Samsung C27A750X, the Samsung T27A750, or the Samsung S27A750D?
!