Password not recognized

jay

Hey all,

Having a little problem with my networking. When I
install it, it prompts me to change my password. I do,
but when I try to go back in, whether console or wizard,
it is not recognized. I have had to start from scratch
several times because I use it to allow access to my web
server and if I need to add or remove a port I have reset
everything because my password does not work. I wish it
was a "fat finger" thing, but trust me, it is not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jay

joker

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
"public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
"broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
"hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

Jay wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Having a little problem with my networking. When I
> install it, it prompts me to change my password. I do,
> but when I try to go back in, whether console or wizard,
> it is not recognized. I have had to start from scratch
> several times because I use it to allow access to my web
> server and if I need to add or remove a port I have reset
> everything because my password does not work. I wish it
> was a "fat finger" thing, but trust me, it is not.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

assistance.

time.

Which Microsoft Broadband Networking hardware are you running, Jay? If you
can tell us which product you have, we'll be glad to assist. If you're not
running that hardware, please post your questions to a more appropriate
newsgroup, by your operating system, like
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC