YAGBU: Effects of eating Oracle corpse

Heyhey all,

Playing adom again for the first time in a few years and have noticed a
couple of things which may or may not be known.

Spoiler space

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Just noticed the effects of eating the Oracle have been toned down a
bit - guidebook lists it as +6 Le, +1 Ma - it's now a mere +1 Le, +1
Ma. Which is a shame.

Also, don't know if this is new or I just haven't noticed before, but
when killing monsters which the artifact Executor, the message is
changed to 'You execute the *foo*'. Nice.

Edd

Hmm, ok. I'm sure it used to increase by 6 whatever the current value
was. This was with a grey elf wizard who had 26 Le, so I guess that
makes sense.

Edd

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 06:40:07 -0700, Edd Parsons wrote:

> Heyhey all,
>
> Playing adom again for the first time in a few years and have noticed a
> couple of things which may or may not be known.
>
> Spoiler space
>
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
>
> Just noticed the effects of eating the Oracle have been toned down a bit -
> guidebook lists it as +6 Le, +1 Ma - it's now a mere +1 Le, +1 Ma. Which
> is a shame.

How did you determine this? +6 Le really means "six chances to raise Le,
based on your current Le score". If you have an Le of 1, for example,
you're very likely to increase it to 7, but if your Le is 50, its unlikely
you'll get any Le bonus out of eating the Oracle. The chances are
something like 100% up until 20 or 21, where it starts falling off fairly
quickly.

asmodeus

Distinguished
May 9, 2005

Edd Parsons wrote:
> Hmm, ok. I'm sure it used to increase by 6 whatever the current value
> was. This was with a grey elf wizard who had 26 Le, so I guess that
> makes sense.
>
> Edd

I had a similar experience with Oracle just today, initially Le was 32
and Ma 15 and increments were +2 Le 0 Ma. Odd?

Asmodeus